Rubber Queen 2.2" Vs 2.4"

Greetings

I've just sold my semi-worn 2.4" RQ and am looking at getting a new one for the upcoming season. I can see on the Tarty website that both 2.2" and 2.4" tyres have the same height so theoretically the bounce should be the same. However, the 2.2" is 7mm narrower.

Does the narrower width have any adverse effects on how the tyre performs? I mostly ride street since there is no natural nearby. I run a low tyre pressure too, set up to compress most of the tyre when launching gaps and sidehops.

The only reason why I'm considering the 2.2" is the lower weight.

I have had the 2.2 one and it punctured really easy and theres less are volume/space for the innertube on the smaller 2.2 tire compared with the 2.4? i ran my 2.2 around 40-45psi and it had very good bounce but i got sick of the punctures replaced it with a rain king, though lately i've been thinking about getting the 2.4 rubber queen or the new trial queen.

Cheers, I looked at the weight again and remembered how I got on with a 2.4" Nobby Nic. Spent more time repairing punctures than riding. If that's your experience then I'll stick with the 2.4", it performed brilliantly.

The Trial Queen is just a prototype tyre though isn't it? No confirmation that it will go into production?

Cheers, I looked at the weight again and remembered how I got on with a 2.4" Nobby Nic. Spent more time repairing punctures than riding. If that's your experience then I'll stick with the 2.4", it performed brilliantly.

The Trial Queen is just a prototype tyre though isn't it? No confirmation that it will go into production?

On sale at Tartybikes last time I looked....