Echo Tr Rim Brake

scottcj9

As the title says i need some help with my echo tr 2010 rim brake. Went out riding today had no problems, came back and whilst i was fixing the tensioner had to take the rear wheel out, when i put the wheel back in the brake had gone wierd (someone could have fiddled with it but not sure) the TPA was wound on all the way and the lever was still coming into the bar. So i moved the rear pistons closer to the wheel, but still i have to have the TPA wound on all the way :S

Im guessing that i need to rebleed the brake, but i have no magura oil. I have been reading through topics about bleeding the echo brakes with water and im confused, a lot of people say you cant, and a lot of people say you can. Can anyone give me a definite answer? The brake is about 6 - 7 months old now and has never leaked or been rebled so would it be ok to be bled with water?

Thanks Scott

The people claiming they can't be bled with water are simply repeating what they've read on here or "their friends" have said.

Only the original TR brakes leaked and that was due the metal shavings inside the brake that hadn't been cleaned out properly.

I believe Ali C has water bled them without problems and so have I.

When you pull the lever do the pistons/pads move atall ?

yh the brake still works brilliantly as it did before, but the tpa has to wound on all the way

The people claiming they can't be bled with water are simply repeating what they've read on here or "their friends" have said.

Only the original TR brakes leaked and that was due the metal shavings inside the brake that hadn't been cleaned out properly.

I believe Ali C has water bled them without problems and so have I.

i bought mine off a mate last september and he bought it about may - june time, should that be ok?