Brakes? Magura To Disc

azz-d

does any one know if you can buy a bracket that will mount into where the magura's fit that adapts to a disc so you could have a disc on a non disc frame?

is this possible or am i just thinking of something for future release?

as i have an echo lite front disc only but would like to convert the rear to disc but am wondering if this is possible without buying a new frame is there such an addaptor?

i also need to be validated if anyone can help this would be greatly appreciated

No, nor would there ever be one made, the only way to do it, is get a disc mount attached to your frame.

And asking to get validated, is a sure fire way to make the validation system take a lot longer.

why not? this would be a very good system for trials ridersinstead of having to spend fortunes on upgrading frames and the rest of parts that would be needed.

personally in my opinion i think this would be a great idea if a company decided to make one of these brackets, after we are only just out of a recession and with tax and all the other cons the government are running it should all ready be out.

And asking for validation should not make it take longer it just puts off trials riders from joining as i got recommended by two friends who no longer use the site because of the validation rule as they were on here for 2 months and still never got validated after making numerous posts and comments

why not? this would be a very good system for trials ridersinstead of having to spend fortunes on upgrading frames and the rest of parts that would be needed.

personally in my opinion i think this would be a great idea if a company decided to make one of these brackets, after we are only just out of a recession and with tax and all the other cons the government are running it should all ready be out.

And asking for validation should not make it take longer it just puts off trials riders from joining as i got recommended by two friends who no longer use the site because of the validation rule as they were on here for 2 months and still never got validated after making numerous posts and comments

So you want a system, that screws into a magura 4-bolt, that would hang down the frame, and allow a disc calliper to to be used?? like this...

post-26346-0-92949400-1295095717_thumb.j

Edited by xDUNSTANx

That bracket is going to have to be so long, its going to either be really flimsy + flex loads, or weigh a tonne :\. Your best off either keeping maggies or getting a new frame. You could get a disc mount welded onto your frame, but thats going to be expensive i imagine.

Also you your comment about there should already be a bracket made, alot of frames come with both disc + 4-bolt mounts anyway, and alot of people prefer HS33 on the back as opposed to disc. So theres not going to be very much demand for such a bracket, making it more expensive to make (as you cant mass-produce).

Also asking for validation is off-putting. Your friends cant have made that many topics, if you just post in new members chat, helping people as best you can etc, then your going to get 5 votes pretty quickly...

Edited by Jon Alty

Christ, my blueprints are true!

So you'd need vee adaptors then this ugly contraption just to use a disc brake?

Save the hassle and get a Maggie.

This is a great solution when you want to fit disc brakes to that old school frame with no disc mounts. Fits 90% of old alloy frames with conventional pressed plate rear dropouts. May be a problem if the dropouts are not flat around the dropout where the wheel axle fits. ie CNC side webs etc.
Edited by xDUNSTANx

Christ, my blueprints are true!

So you'd need vee adaptors then this ugly contraption just to use a disc brake?

Save the hassle and get a Maggie.

I agree. That thing is ugly as :S. Also you need vertical dropouts, which your mod does not have :(. Cant believe such a contraption exists lol.

Edited by Jon Alty