What Bike Shall I Get? :d

iChimp

Hey peeps :lol:

I am looking to get a trials bike obviously haha, I can do some of the basics at the moment eg back hops pedal kicks and manuals and i ride a bmx at the moment.Im looking to upgrade to a trials bike and im looking at 24"s maybe 20" i have a freind who rides an onza zoot which is nice and friand who rides a mod which is realllyyyyyyyyyy nice! anyway any starter bikes i should get or for sale?

mate,

i would just go for whatevers more comfortable. i mean if you currently ride a bmx then a mod would probably be best for you.

but if you can have a go on your mates bikes and compare. sounds like a stock would just be too big, compared to what you've been riding.

and if your starting then i'd have a look on the for sale forum here, for sick relatively cheap bikes. thats what i did. but theres always tartybikes.co.uk, if moneys not as much of an issue.

hope that helps, still only a newbie.

Hey peeps :lol:

I am looking to get a trials bike obviously haha, I can do some of the basics at the moment eg back hops pedal kicks and manuals and i ride a bmx at the moment.Im looking to upgrade to a trials bike and im looking at 24"s maybe 20" i have a freind who rides an onza zoot which is nice and friand who rides a mod which is realllyyyyyyyyyy nice! anyway any starter bikes i should get or for sale?

You'll get better faster on a mod, And if you've already tried one and like it then you have made your mind up!

Wait until you're validated and look in the for sale section, you'll find semi decent bikes from £200 upwards.

Hey guys thanks for the great response. I think i will go for a mod on your advice I do prefer my friends mod to a 24" even if its a bit long! (its built for a 6ft6" giant! haha). Would an onza rip be a good starter? I would probably get maguras straight away?

Thanks for the Advice!

mate,

i would just go for whatevers more comfortable. i mean if you currently ride a bmx then a mod would probably be best for you.

But Zoot is a street bike for bmx and trials moves which might suit better.

If you have the money then...

Mod: Zoo Lynx (or wait for the new zoo mod to come out this year!)

24": Zoot

Just depends on what you like, the top 2 are great starter bikes though :) Plus the zoo isnt just a starter, its a great bike for people that are pro's too.

Hey guys thanks for the great response. I think i will go for a mod on your advice I do prefer my friends mod to a 24" even if its a bit long! (its built for a 6ft6" giant! haha). Would an onza rip be a good starter? I would probably get maguras straight away?

Thanks for the Advice!

Rips are good starters, but with what you can already do it wouldnt be much use since putting a maggy on a rip never gets the best preformance (sp?) out of the brake

Plus the back wheel on a rip is.... well.... just awfull.

Rips are quite literally budget bikes. The components would need replacing quite quickly as you progress and with a 20" rear wheel you'll eventually need to replace both the frame and the rear wheel.

Mod's use 19" wheels on the rear as this means they can use a much larger tyre and improve stability / bounce.

Yeah Heard onza rip back wheels are 20" so they suck for pedal kicks etc, my budget its £400 MAX any other ideas?

Cheers

Just to add on I would pefer a nice second hand bike than a norm stock.... I need to get validated really so i can browse buy/sell :D