Should I Run Magura Julies

howvard

Hi everyone i have been running dual disc on my stock for about 4 weeks now and want to upgrade i currently run avid speed dial 7 levers and a hayes caliper and a tektro caliper, non of them are great but levers just cost me £17 so should i buy some magura julies ( a pair ) or should i upgrade the calipers

If you have any advice or disc brakes for sale please let me know

Thanks howard

Never been a fan of Magura discs. Get a set of Hope Mono Trials. I understand fully they are not cheap but you pay for what you get and they are perfect. You get lashing of power and being on a stock you've a lot of wheel rotaional weight to stop dead!

It's all down to preference. If he likes dual disk on Stock then let him run it, I know if I rode stock + had the cash I would.

Of course it's personal preference, I'm merely giving advice based on my personal opinion.

Have you ridden rear disc on a stock? it feels nasty, in my opinion. (which I hope doesn't offend you)

If you're gonna go dual disc, don't use a Julie. Unless they've got massively better recently, they've very little power compared to something like a mono trial and even that can be lacking at times (on stock, anyway) and feel pretty crap, i had a set on my X-Cell.

Just save up and go second hand (Y)

ok cheers for all the help

i cant run maggies because my rear wheel is to wide to run them

i have found some hopes and will try to buy them and when i get vallidated i will add some pics of the bike

Offset mounts then...I really wouldn't recommend running rear disc on a stock unless you've got 3x build, a really well designed disc ready frame and a Hope on the back!