Suspension Forks

Tom Booth

I know it seems a bit random, but I've bitten the bullet an after reading reviews, looking at setups etc on the net I've bit the bullet and bought some...

Marzocchi '06 All mountain SR's, they came up at a good price, fit my requirements well (I came to the conclusion that 160 was abit overkill, so 140mm will do me well).

I kept looking at pikes an Sektors, but for a bike I might not use as much as I'd like to, I couldn't warrant the price. Although I'm hoping I'll get on the bike all summer so I might treat myself to something a bit plusher in the future.

Cheers for the help all, muchos appreciated.

I know it seems a bit random, but I've bitten the bullet an after reading reviews, looking at setups etc on the net I've bit the bullet and bought some...

Marzocchi '06 All mountain SR's, they came up at a good price, fit my requirements well (I came to the conclusion that 160 was abit overkill, so 140mm will do me well).

I kept looking at pikes an Sektors, but for a bike I might not use as much as I'd like to, I couldn't warrant the price. Although I'm hoping I'll get on the bike all summer so I might treat myself to something a bit plusher in the future.

Cheers for the help all, muchos appreciated.

06... least you bought a pair that will work then :P

Sooo glad I went shorter, it feels a bit odd and slugish now, god knows what it would have felt like with something longer on it! Although this is only a short brakeless, gearless ride around the garden... an my first ride on the bike full stop. Expect many more questions about setups to come aswell, I'm completely new to anything other then trials!

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you made the right choice.

For the record, I never said you couldn't put massive forks on a hardtail - just that massive forks on an XC bike will make it feel rubbish. I know the 456 is sort of designed for 4/5/6 inch forks but for most people, 5 inches is about the limit of what you would want on a hardtail. In some cases, less is more. I ran my Pikes on my DMR for a bit, and the bike feels much livelier and more fun with the travel wound down a bit. If you want something to hammer down hills without troubling yourself with things like line choice, get a full sus.

Anything with fox written on it. just for god sake dont get marzocchis!!

as if mate. i`ve got marzocchi all muontain 4`s with a 20mm bolt through axle and they are spot on. 150mm travel(i think) and i`m 15 stone. and they suit me just fine and i`ve not broke them.

ps they are on a dmr sidekick.:)

cheer from dan

Edited by danchandler

Now now kiddies...

When I picked them up it turned out they are all mountain 3's, which isn't a problem at all for me, if anything I mentioned it to him an haggled another 30 quid off :P. Top forks, couldn't recomend them enough so far, Must have done about 10-15 miles 5 nights a week for the past 2 weeks an I love them.