Magura Hs33 Bleed Bolt In Piston Help!?!?

Rob.

On the slave or in the lever? They're both pistons.

If it's on the slave, you can cut a slot in it or you could cut two flats in it, and use a screwdriver or spanner respectively.

If it's in the lever... I dunno! Get a .5mm bigger allen key and hammer it in and undo it and if it works feel lucky and look after the next one better.

On the slave or in the lever? They're both pistons.

If it's on the slave, you can cut a slot in it or you could cut two flats in it, and use a screwdriver or spanner respectively.

If it's in the lever... I dunno! Get a .5mm bigger allen key and hammer it in and undo it and if it works feel lucky and look after the next one better.

Yeah its on the slave.

What have you tried so far to get it out?

I have tried super glueing it in , cutting a slot into it

Good, that mushroom shaped one. You could file or cut slots on the side as I said, or cut a bigger slot for a screwdriver. Put an adjustable spanner round the blade on the screwdriver for more leverage.

Also, before you cut stuff, take it off the hosing, that'll just get in the way.

• Like 1

I have tried super glueing it in , cutting a slot into it

I dunno why people recommend that.. From my experiences with superglue, unless its your fingers it's not that good a hold, especially for a bolt, especially if the bolt is in too tight, and you've rounded it off trying to get it moving.

If the allen key fitting has rounded out, it will be TIGHT - no way a screwdriver's getting that out.

best way would be to drill the head off, 5mm drill bit, then a 6 if it won't quite release. Once the head's off the pressure will be released from the thread and the rest will come out easily.