Crank Arm Stuck On.

Billy-C

Try using boiling water over the crank, then an extension bar off the crank puller like the guy suggested above.

If that doesn't work, try striking the end of the crank puller while tightening to shock the crank loose.

Last thing to try is loosening the crank bolt right off and riding around until it *hopefully* comes loose :)

Alex

Try using boiling water over the crank, then an extension bar off the crank puller like the guy suggested above.

If that doesn't work, try striking the end of the crank puller while tightening to shock the crank loose.

Last thing to try is loosening the crank bolt right off and riding around until it *hopefully* comes loose :)

Alex

I would defiantly suggest heating the crank, but with a hair dryer instead as you can constantly heat the crank, its also a lot less hassle than having to heat it over and over with water, you could also try packing ice around the axle off the BB. If you loosen the crank bolt to see if the crank will hopefully slip off you might round off the taper on your bb so I wouldnt recommend that. When my cranks where stuck I gave the sections where the cranks touched the BB a good spray with some WD40, I would avoid using a bar to give more leverage though as the extra force may ruin the threads inside your crank or on the puller, however it's worth a try if nothing else works.

Edited by ForrestDump