Spongy Brake Help

Lei ke si

With Hope brakes you need to bleed it perfectly to avoid a spongy lever feel.

Also i would recommend bleeding it with Dot 5.1 as it is thinner and will travel through with brake lines easier.

With the master cylinder cap, screw it up so it creates a seal then maybe a quarter turn more and thats it. You can easily strip the threads on those tiny bolts.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ross87

Yes if you change to Dot 5.1 you will need to flush all the old Dot 4 out first.

The trick to this is to buy Dot 5.1 that has a different colour to the Dot 4 you have in there now. That way when you bleed it all you need to look for is the fluid with the new colour coming through. Keep going for a couple of minutes just to be certain.

The best way to bleed a syatem is to use a work stand and try to use the right bleed kit for the brake. If you cant get access to either of these then i suggest your local bike shop bleed the system for you.

If you ae going to attempt it yourself then i suggest you use the Hope manual that came with your brake or watch videos on youtube to help you.

Again hope this helps.

Ross

• Like 1