Booster/brake/frame

Pepo09

Just an odd question, does the frame cracks if you don't use a booster? I have Zoo piranha 09 that has a little thing that is supposed to be an integrated booster.Right now I have zoo 4 bolt booster but I can get any bite from the brake so... should I take off the booster or will the frame crack?.

An other idea is that I can make the booster a 2 bolt by chopping it with the grinder?

What do you guys recommend?

Peter

Edited by Pepo09

The lack of bite is more likely the pads or a bad bleed....

Brake is perfectly bleed and the pads are awesome they are home made but a friend has the same ones and the sound that his brake does is L O U D! ;)

No you won't crack the frame by not running a booster, take it off and see how the brake performs then.

It depends on the frame and the way the mounts are welded onto the seatstays. I think there are a fair few frames that probably won't crack for yeeears without a booster but some frames like the '06 Python cracked a lot at the brake mounts.

On a frame without a one-piece inbuilt brake booster/mounts plate welded on I'd run a 4-bolt booster just to be safe, but mainly just to have a better feeling brake! (personal preference!)

By using a booster you avoid hitting the brake hose. All frames will eventually crack, using a brake booster increases frame life (in that specific part) but that frame should still last long without the usage of a booster. As regards cutting the booster, you would save little weight, making no difference in your riding. Maybe some day when you're close to your physical limit those grams will matter.

Era mas fácil decírtelo en español...

• Like 1