Another Problem I Need Help With

ross87

Just got a try-all rear rim and i have a pro 2 hub.

I can for the life of me figure out what spoke length to use.

I know that is quite a big ask but i am really stuck.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Find the rim on tartybikes, take note of the rim ERD. Then find the hub and note the dimensions given for the flange diameters and spacing. Go on the DT Swiss website, use their spoke calculator with the dimensions you've noted and SHAZAM! you'll have your spoke lengths. I'd do it for you, but you might as well learn how to use the calculator for future use.

If you want us to check your results, take a screen shot of the calculator once you've filled it all out and post it up here.

Tried that but dont know wether to trust it.

I have measured the ERD and it gives me an ERD of 5250mm. Which gives me a spoke length of 260mm but that still seems a bit long to me.

This is one of many wheel builds i have done but this one is confusing me the most!

Your ERD seems way out, guess you've mis-typed it. But even if the decimal place is missing you seem a bit out. I'd trust the dimensions from tarty and as long as you put everything in correctly on the DT site then you'll be fine, I've always used it and i think Tarty do too.