Onza Comp Custom Spec From Tarty - Anybody Got One?

Chris-26

getting through that many bikes over a few years you should know for yourself what geometry and style of bike best compliments your riding, unless your asking people who've seen you ride/know your style a forum full of strangers can't really advise the bike, my mate has that frame, he loves it, i'd rather contract herpes than ride it for more than half an hour. they're super short...

As the title says really.

Looking for another bike to get back into trials.

Have had 3 mods and 2 stocks over the years.

Ideally i'll probably end up with one of each again!!

Really like the look of this http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/20_inch_trials_bikes/onza_comp_custom_spec/c10p11270.html

Has anybody got one?

Chris

no but by shopping around getting parts you'll be able to get a better spec for less or equal amount

Nowt wrong with the Tartyboys making a (probably modest) profit , given their contributions to the scene and killer service .

With regards to the Comp's spec:

... we can build this frame with different parts according to your taste and/or budget, please call us for more details.

EDIT: This seems to be a pretty pro Tarty post, to avoid any suggestion of endorsement - I've never used 'em myself in favour of a German retailer .

• Like 2

chris don't mess about and get a 26 custom spec. The echo pure 2011 i have is a weapon of a frame, the geo is spot on for natty bashing and street, super lite, strong, looks good blablabla. have a look at the geo of the echo pure and that will give you a rough idea of the geo you want. don't get a street only bike as there no good for natty bashing at all, bb are to low and frames are to short.

• Like 1

no but by shopping around getting parts you'll be able to get a better spec for less or equal amount

Really? I would like to see the spec if you have it, we always try to get our customs bikes down to the best price for the parts.

The Comp frame is discontinued, so the bike will be removed from the site shortly anyway, but interested to see how you could do a better spec for less money so we could perhaps do a build on the next model of that frame (Y)

Aye 26 it is.

Started thinking about all the crashes i had on the 20, not sure i could take it now!!

AJ still selling that bike he Had?

Yeah good idea, na i sold aj's last week for a total bargain £350 give away. If you want to get a weapon raise you budget to at least £1300 and tartybike will build you a cracker.

Really? I would like to see the spec if you have it, we always try to get our customs bikes down to the best price for the parts.

The Comp frame is discontinued, so the bike will be removed from the site shortly anyway, but interested to see how you could do a better spec for less money so we could perhaps do a build on the next model of that frame (Y)

well my bike is better spec with comp frame cost me around 800 but I never said all the parts would be new i'm happy to be proved wrong.

i didn't realise it was discontinued,why's that? just a new design i guess?

Edited by liam n

Yeah, with second hand parts it would be cheaper of course.

Not sure, it was a very popular frame but Onza don't supply it any more.

ah I thought it was pretty popular frame, I've seen quite a few :)

right I had a quick go, this is what I came up with (all new)

Frame and Forks

- Frame: Onza Comp 2010 - £159.99 rocknroll 241.69

Forks: Echo SL 81.70

Wheels

rear TT race £45.95 100.94

onza hog £54.99

- Rim tape: no make £3

- Inner tube (front): trago £1.60

- Inner tube (rear): trago £1.60

- Front tyre: kenda small block 8 £12.50 39.19

- Rear tyre: echo £20.43

Brakes

- Front brake lever: bb7 10 £54.99

- Rear brake: Magura HS33, Black, short lever blade £60.26 127.25

- Brake clamps: Magura HS33 £12

- Brake pads: heatsink yellows £18 18

Drivetrain

- Cranks: TT isis £51.06

- Freewheel: Echo SL £61.28

- Chain: KMC Lite Z610 £11.95 197.19

- Rear Sprocket: because £12.26

- Pedals: DMR v8 £21.69

- Bottom bracket: FSA platinum isis £23.95

- Bashplate: Onza £15

Steering

- Headset: FSA Orbit XL II £16.95

- Stem: bonz £25.53 86.22

- Grips:trialtech £8

- Handlebars: tensile 9D £35.74

total: 810.48 tarty £867

as you can see spec is almost the same slightly better in places slightly worse, though it was worth a try :P, I was thinking about my bike when i said better spec, I didn't take into account, the free magura i got, second hand forks handle bars and cranks. I'm surprised about the outcome of my little research, you boys do very well at keeping the prices down, and any extra cost would be made up for buy you costumer service and experience anyhow, i'm impressed :P

Edited by liam n