Dirt Jump/street Or Trials Bike

Jimbob 2705

Thanks for the advice. I will get in touch with some frame makers.

Can anyone give me some advice on Geometry?

Thanks and ATB

James

What size wheels you lookin to run? That will effect geometrys

EDIT: also you will need to know crown to axle length of the fork your going to run to figure out geometrys.

Edited by bender b rodreguez

What size wheels you lookin to run? That will effect geometrys

EDIT: also you will need to know crown to axle length of the fork your going to run to figure out geometrys.

I would be running 24" most likely.

When you say the 'crown', I take it you mean from the top of the tube on a suspension? (The tube which goes into the actual frame?)

Thanks and ATB

James

Yes mate, where the steerer goes out towards the legs. From there to the axle. You'll see most frames on tarty when the state geometry it will say "when measured with a 410mm fork" or whatever length they use. Most DJ frames are measured with a fork of between 420mm and 440mm.

Yes mate, where the steerer goes out towards the legs. From there to the axle. You'll see most frames on tarty when the state geometry it will say "when measured with a 410mm fork" or whatever length they use. Most DJ frames are measured with a fork of between 420mm and 440mm.

Thanks for that mate. I have just looked on the Marzocchi Website to find out that information.

I have found the following information :

Dirt Jumper 3 - http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/detailProdotti.asp?LN=UK&idC=1592&IdFolder=113&IdOggetto=58439#

Stroke : 100

Fork Length : 477,5mm

Dirt Jumper 2 - http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/detailProdotti.asp?LN=UK&idC=1592&IdFolder=113&IdOggetto=58493

Stroke : 100

Fork Length : 477,5mm

I think I am going to get one of the the 2 above forks. I have to say though, those forks seem a lot more than between 420mm and 440mm!

Any suggestions ideas?!

Thanks and ATB

James

To be honest im pretty much getting out of my depth here i dont wanna say anymore and you end up with a bag of shit because of my advice!! If you talk to the frame builders they will know infiniatly more than me. But good luck with it mate should be an interesting build.

To be honest im pretty much getting out of my depth here i dont wanna say anymore and you end up with a bag of shit because of my advice!! If you talk to the frame builders they will know infiniatly more than me. But good luck with it mate should be an interesting build.

Don't worry man, thanks for all your help!!!

I am currently talking with Marino about a Custom Frame, I am just asking what his advice would be on Geometry. I am a little confused by his email though :

"in attach files is inspired Hex with suspencion

but for steet and urban is diferent geo same"

Does anyone know what he is saying?

Also, he has given me a load of links and photos, which is really good - just doing some research and browsing.

I have found 3 of his frames which I really like the look of :

Two here : http://www.ridestreet.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12169.0

(Excequiel "xequelo" Silva's + Luis Sepulveda's Frames)

And I also like this one : http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/189564_1927512795355_1468230397_32230145_5655828_n.jpg

I am trying to find out what Geometry he would recommend for me!

Thanks and ATB

James