Bike Trouble

KNOBIS!

Hi everyone,

Ive just got my first trials bike this afternoon (A Mad Pase 1.2). I took it out for a spin this evening and it was all going brilliantly until i was in the middle of busy town. Every time i pedal the bike like slips in and out of gear.. Like the rear derailleur is pulling it out of gear :S I ended up walking home as any form of up hill i could not pedal without the chain trying to come off. If anyone can help please do! Any advice or ideas will be hugely appreciated..

Thanks, Aaron.

Hi everyone,

Ive just got my first trials bike this afternoon (A Mad Pase 1.2). I took it out for a spin this evening and it was all going brilliantly until i was in the middle of busy town. Every time i pedal the bike like slips in and out of gear.. Like the rear derailleur is pulling it out of gear :S I ended up walking home as any form of up hill i could not pedal without the chain trying to come off. If anyone can help please do! Any advice or ideas will be hugely appreciated..

Thanks, Aaron.

Hi what is the bike like is it light.

Thanks

Dwarf Shortage is correct as i bought one and the mech hanger was bent pretty badly on my 1.2 that i bought recently. also i noticed that 2 of the teeth on the sprocket were partially missing and so i sent it off to get a new one which wasnt quite as bad but still had the same issue but as it wasnt slipping ive kept it.

You're gonna wanna get rid of that derailleur pretty quick as i still have mine and as ive only started its taken a few hits and that has affected it a fair bit so you're going to at least need to buy this Sprug Tensioner and get the large one to get a decent gear ratio.

Hi, I also recomend you singlespeed with tensioner. Any way have a look at this link it tells you how to service almost everything on a bike, just click on the bike at the part you are interested in (derailleur) and go to the right heading (rear derailleur adjustment) after that. It tells you all about how to set up the derailleur.

Good luck (Y)

http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help

Edited by MagnusT

Just went single spped today on my phase 1.3 and oh man the bike looks better..I'm off to ride it now and see how it is!:giggle:

I'd recommend it..here is a picture of how it looks

imag0200b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My gears slipping were because of the bent dropoff I think

Edited by Tioz

My gears slipping were because of the bent dropoff I think

it seems that they cant make bikes properly by the sounds of it. the clamp on the stem (i'm not sure of what its called but where the bars are) had a small defect that meant one of the bolts didnt do in straight and when i tightened it up it damaged the thread. i had another problem with the right crank as well and i can't put it all the way on the bb without the bashring clipping the frame. i didnt realise until i had to re-fit the sprocket. :/

it seems that they cant make bikes properly by the sounds of it. the clamp on the stem (i'm not sure of what its called but where the bars are) had a small defect that meant one of the bolts didnt do in straight and when i tightened it up it damaged the thread. i had another problem with the right crank as well and i can't put it all the way on the bb without the bashring clipping the frame. i didnt realise until i had to re-fit the sprocket. :/

Luckly I only had the bent dropoff but I pulled it straight today before fitting the single speed..well the bikes are good for what they cost

Luckly I only had the bent dropoff but I pulled it straight today before fitting the single speed..well the bikes are good for what they cost

i straightened the dropoff as soon as i tried to pedal and realised :P Yeah the bikes are definitely worth the money. especially the one 1.2 as it comes with maguras ad high rollers and so thats £120 worth of brakes and the tyres are aparently around £30 each so yeah theyre great for the price. someone ive just been speaking to on another topic was thinking about getting one and i was telling him pretty much the same stuff we're talking about now.

i straightened the dropoff as soon as i tried to pedal and realised :P Yeah the bikes are definitely worth the money. especially the one 1.2 as it comes with maguras ad high rollers and so thats £120 worth of brakes and the tyres are aparently around £30 each so yeah theyre great for the price. someone ive just been speaking to on another topic was thinking about getting one and i was telling him pretty much the same stuff we're talking about now.

I must say I really love my 1.3..I'm going to be getting it a pair of SD7 for the back and a new pair of rims further on :turned:

Thanks for everyones replies! I later realised the hanger was VERY bent. Have left it into shop to get replaced :) I will be converting to singlespeed as soon as ive got the money annd then brake boosters etc :D

You really could have straightened it yourself :turned: I just put an allen key through the hole and pulled till it was straight

I did try to do it myself but it was waaaaaaay too bent for me to get back to normal. I now have it back and when i went into the shop to get it back i was told that the front chain ring was rather bent to -.- Winstanleys bikes..? CRAP! No pedals.. No quick release.. and 15 quids worth of damage!

i must admit winstanleys dont seem to be too great with their bikes but i did get pedals with the bike :giggle: and also i did have quick release too. i heard they werent too reliable with deliveries as in posting things and the time it took to recieve their items but it seems they are unreliable in general.

also my mech hanger was fairly badly bent but a clamp worked fairly well with me... it was a little awkward though. i guess i was fairly lucky with my buy which makes a change.

Also if i was you i would tell winstanleys about it if you havent already and see what they say about it all.

Winstanleys bikes..? CRAP!

This is a general consensus reached by 98% of people who deal with Winstanleys, every time someone asks about them most of the replies will say 'Well, they're shit.', but there's one or two people who used Winstanleys and got their stuff pretty quickly, so they'll think they're great. It's a lot cheaper than anywhere else, but there's the risk of 'am I actually going to get what I order if I use Winstanleys?'. The money you've spent on repairs and pedals isn't really going to bring the price up to a full RRP for a phase 1.2.

I think the main reason for people not getting stuff was the guy who owns Winstanleys doesn't update the website, so it always says everything is in stock, but the actual warehouse doesn't have it.

Edited by Dwarf Shortage