Chain Tensioner

KNOBIS!

(Sorry if i rant on!!) Hey guys!! you need to keep me informed as to what your doing to your 1.2!! cos if you can make it work for cheap, im gunna copy it!! :P i have a few links save in my favorites if you want me to post them up?? i think it was acctually you Tioz that recomended everything to me and i have that picture of your 1.3 saved in my pictures so i know what im aiming for!! :D i posted a question on tartybikes about that cheapo chain tensioner and he says it should be okay!! keep it up guys!! pay day is only a few days away for me so thats when i'll be doing it!! advice is welcome!!

Cheers

Joosh

(Sorry if i rant on!!) Hey guys!! you need to keep me informed as to what your doing to your 1.2!! cos if you can make it work for cheap, im gunna copy it!! :P i have a few links save in my favorites if you want me to post them up?? i think it was acctually you Tioz that recomended everything to me and i have that picture of your 1.3 saved in my pictures so i know what im aiming for!! :D i posted a question on tartybikes about that cheapo chain tensioner and he says it should be okay!! keep it up guys!! pay day is only a few days away for me so thats when i'll be doing it!! advice is welcome!!

Cheers

Joosh

Hi josh! I saw your question on tarty bikes signed with 'Joosh' lol! Same here guys keep me informed on your 1.2's! Gonna get some white pedals cus the ones i got on are utter crap

hahaa i thought you might have!! its my Halfords nickname!! :D

He did reccomend however we go for the one Tioz has but i mean if i can save a tenner, i'm happy!! i'm gunna buy the same single speed kit from superstar componants you've bought and a single speed chain from halfords (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_791187_langId_-1_categoryId_230505#dtab) to do mine. I dont think its neccesery but i want one anyways!! :P just the tensioner to decide on and we're done i reckon!!

only thing thats confusing me is how do i go about using the origanal hub/freewheel??

Joosh

hahaa i thought you might have!! its my Halfords nickname!! :D

He did reccomend however we go for the one Tioz has but i mean if i can save a tenner, i'm happy!! i'm gunna buy the same single speed kit from superstar componants you've bought and a single speed chain from halfords (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_791187_langId_-1_categoryId_230505#dtab) to do mine. I dont think its neccesery but i want one anyways!! :P just the tensioner to decide on and we're done i reckon!!

only thing thats confusing me is how do i go about using the origanal hub/freewheel??

Joosh

Tarty bikes said get the one Tioz has if the cog is less than 15 tooth but the superstar one i got is 18 so its all good :D ceap and cheerful eh!

If you've got a 22 chainring on the front you'll need a 16 tooth sproket on the back to achieve a gearing ratio of about 1,4 :turned:

It's a pleasure to help anyway! ^^

There is now problem with the original hub, it's a freehub so the freewheel (not a very good one alas..) is built into it..you just get rid of the original cassette and then throw the spacers and the sproket on and close it using a lockring tool.

If you want some more photos of my setup just tell me, if you want to see something particular to understand how it needs to be fit I-ll be happy to post them this evening :turned:

Edited by Tioz

Hey Tioz, can you direct me to some photos of your setup please? I've got a 1.1 so I'll probably convert to single speed at some point, i'm not fully decided because I do love having gears. They chain just skips occasionally which really irritates me, no idea what the problem may be as it's fairly new.

At the moment I can't really afford to spend lots on the bike so i'm having to make do.

Hey Tioz, can you direct me to some photos of your setup please? I've got a 1.1 so I'll probably convert to single speed at some point, i'm not fully decided because I do love having gears. They chain just skips occasionally which really irritates me, no idea what the problem may be as it's fairly new.

At the moment I can't really afford to spend lots on the bike so i'm having to make do.

Sure thing mate

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/shed/item/46-mad-phase-13/

If you need any other photos or info just ask ;)