Trialtech Fork Broken

mata22

hy to all. so i am runing trialtech 4 bolt 26 fork. i have noticed litle "line" near weld from upper mount on both side. i understand that forks are cracking, specialy 4 bolt magura forks. i wanted to ask if it is worth of geting it welded? ( as i cant aford new fork right now) and did anyone else did it...

thanks for helping in advance

thats what i was wondering...would it be better to leave it as it is ( as this crack is realy small....like 1 cm near weld and it doesnt look like cracking, just line) or to get it welded? i dont have experience with welding forks.....

I'd say so.

That's where they all crack if they don't go on the 4bolt mounts, so you can't think they might last.

Probably worth getting whoever does it to weld a gusset on top as well. Might make it last a little longer.

If you get it welded, use a small drill bit and drill out each end of the crack to help inhibit its growth. As mentioned welding will make it more brittle so if you can be arsed smooth out the area using higher and higher grades of emery cloth and then polish, may extend the life a little bit longer.

If you get it welded, use a small drill bit and drill out each end of the crack to help inhibit its growth. As mentioned welding will make it more brittle so if you can be arsed smooth out the area using higher and higher grades of emery cloth and then polish, may extend the life a little bit longer.

thanks for that, it is interesting technic. i would never tought of this by myself

fork is year and half old. i know that all 4 bolt forks wil crack near 4 bolt mounts. i am supper happy with trialtech fork. i think i wont get it welded in the end cause ,as somebody mentioned, i think i will not be able to get my confidence while riding....... thanks for ypours replys :)

Edited by mata22