Pure, New Zealand

nztrials

Looks to me like a pretty good set up.

I think you've done a damn good job of making the holes neat and tidy, look like they're drilled in the right sorta places too!

Nice spec, with a Der Kaiser on the rear I could definately ride that.

wouldn't a front vee help cut the weight down? i know you'd have to change a few parts but the sl forks concern me anyway =p

With the weight of disc brakes and the increased performance, modulation etc of discs i dont see the point of changing. sl forks have lasted me well, i have a mate who has cracked two sets of Echo urban forks in the time ive had these.

Looks to me like a pretty good set up.

I think you've done a damn good job of making the holes neat and tidy, look like they're drilled in the right sorta places too!

Nice spec, with a Der Kaiser on the rear I could definately ride that.

Thanks mate. Yeah the frame has held up well. the pedals, not so much. one of the cages broke then one of the axles snapped so ive replaced them with a steel set.

If the der kaiser were ligher it would be awesome.

Really nice spec but I still would not cut hole into the pedals, the frame and other parts. especially if the bike is as nice as that!

Yes i regret Drilling the pedals but i am happy with the frame etc.

your bike looks just like perfect !

very very nice built

love it :)

Thanks Mate

get a set of step drills and go wild on your front rim, got mine down to just under 460g with space for a few more holes too, it takes forever to do and i killed my drill in the process hahaha

img20120627161026.jpg

how do the pedals ride? been thinking of opening mine out too.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That looks very sweet, its like bike bulimia, addictive and interesting to see how far you can push it! haha but i like it.

Haha yeah it is addictive, ive been out on the die grinder again, the hole in the head tube has gotten a fair bit bigger and a few other bits

if you want strong, light and reasonable priced pedals consider the superstar magnesiums, they're really robust for mag pedals...

Ive changed to echo steel caged pedals now since snapping the axle on one of my ti ones, but yes those are very good looking pedals

that looks stunning!

with what did you sand the frame?

120 grit sandpaper, currently polishing frame up now, got sick of matte finish

This has to be the nicest looking bike on the forum!!! I wouldnt change a single part!!

Thanks mate

get a set of step drills and go wild on your front rim, got mine down to just under 460g with space for a few more holes too, it takes forever to do and i killed my drill in the process hahaha

img20120627161026.jpg

how do the pedals ride? been thinking of opening mine out too.....

I like drilling things alot but that is over the top lol good on you. What sort of rim did you start with? ive been thinking about drilling the side walls on my front.

The pedals were mean but the cage collapsed on one and it broke on the corners, however grinding every second tooth off makes a huge difference and ive done that to my new steel ones

you could change your rear tyre by a continental rubber queen 2.2 wich is 650g and as large as the try all 2.5.

Don't take the continental 2.4 you couldn't put it in the frame.

Ive gone back to a maxxis larsen tt 2.35 folding for the back which many riders run here it is 600g ish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...