Onone456Ss - Updated, Again (6/8)

Tom Booth

Recently been tarting up the 456, replacing old an worn an generally just getting it riding nice.

DSCF4408.jpg

Spec:

456SummerSeason Frame,FSA pigDH headset,

'zocchi 2006 Allmountain 3's, fresh rebuild with new seals,

FSA Gap stem, FSA Maximus bars (2" rise),

SLX cranks, V8's, Middleburn 36t DH ring, Superstar Plasma chainguide, FSA team chain, Deore Cassette, SLX trigger shifter an SLX shadow mech,

Avid Elixr5 brakes 185mm front an back,

Hope XC front on Mavic D321 rim with sapim spokes, Rear pro2 on EX721 with sapim spokes, Conti vertical front, conti mountain-king rear,

Bikehut post, OnOne Bignose stem, OnOne bolt up seatclamp.

Only few things left are to swap the cassette for something less shit, the ratios are awful!! I'd like to swap for a shorter stem, It rides nice but it feels preety sluggish at the minute, kinda takes the fun out of it being a slack chucker frame. Other then that I'm really chuffed, it seems to work well on anything. Ride it to work an back everyday an then at the weekend I generally go to somewhere like Cannock Chase or Sherwood Ppines for a thrash around the routes and through the forest.

Thanks for looking, Hope you like!

Update - 6/8

Popped up to OnOne this morning, bought a 60mm stem, bignose seat an a proper sized seat clamp. The rides sooo much better, just been an chucked it round the red trail at pines an I'm amazed at how much nicer the shorter stem feels. It's so much more responsive an twitchy. Plus the new seats amazingly comfy which is always a bonus!

• Like 1

Looks awesome. My mate has the same frame (in the same colour :D), but a shorter stem would suit it down to the ground (I run a 65mm on my ragley which has pretty much the same geo). I still don't get 1x9 set-ups. Part of me wants to go that way for the ease of it, but my legs simply cant handle it around these cornish hills!!

Glad the upgrading is continuing, it's looking nice :)

Regarding 1x9...

I have been riding 1x9 for years now, before that I had 2x9 but never never shifted into the granny ring. I used to run 32t front chainring with an 11-34t cassette but recently upped to a 34t front chainring sticking with the 11-34t cassette. My philosophy is if it's too steep and tech to get up the hill in 34/34 you should be pushing or getting on a ski lift :P