Staying On Back Wheel

T-birder

Im just starting trials and have just learnt how to pedal kick. The trouble is is that when im on my rear wheel i can bounce a few times but i always seem to bounce backwards and then lose balance and put my foot down. Is it just a case of practice, practice, practice or have you got any useful tips.

Thanks

If you jam both your brakes on rock forward a bit and then back first, it's easier to get your front wheel up. That's how I learnt, used to practise on the grass in the park just in case I fell off. Took me a week to learn to do 3 pedal hops in a row but it takes months to refine your balance.

Defiantly check out the Ryan Leech trials tutorial videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuo7BslZXz8

And also trashzen trials tutorial website should be your first port of call. Other then that just keep practising till you get it, others can show you but you really have to work it out for yourself.

Had another play on bike tonight and found once i got the bike up on back wheel and started hopping, i found if i pushed the handlebars away form me or pulled them towards be i seemed to find my balance point really easy and managed about 10 hops on the spot aswell. where before i got bike up on back wheel and kept handlebars preety close to me and i found if i did hop i hopped backwards. Give it ago see how you get on...

Na not yet, had a play yesterday bit only managed around 6 ish...iv put some riser handle bars on so ganna try it out with them later when I get back from kx trials up Southampton... Really want to nip down but il prob be the oldest down their and will be able to do the least amount of stuff on bike and look a right twat lol....