Saddles/seats?

ging3rTAY

Sorry for the noobness guys but being in the beginners ttials chat section i figured there would be some leeway for new school ness? I just thought since i'd seen quite a lot with seats they might come in useful sometimes :L

Yey!! Another Phase 1.2 owner!! :D They're great beginners bikes!! I love mine!! :)

And no they dont have seat holes!! :P

<-- Thats mine!! :D

Joosh

awesome! Cant wait till it arrives! :)

I wasn't talking to you mate, I was talking to OnzaKid, when I first came here, the majority of bikes had seats. That's what I meant by new school, I remember the old school when most bikes had either a proper saddle, or these horrific plastic mini seats that looked more uncomfortable than a top tube. A seat does come in useful, but I think the argument against them would be the fact it'd ruin the geo because you wouldn't be able to get the top tube as low, and weight, because no-one seems to have the strength they did a few years ago.

I remember the old days when my giant had a seat was nice when cruzing to diffrent spots to ride but when u get better u and with frames getting better you don't really need them because they get in the way and starting off your going to bail a few times so you dont want that hitting your crown jewels good luck rideing and welcome to trials

You're so new school it knocks me sick.

Well I'm sorry, I've never seen anyone ride a trials bike with a seat, other than YouTube.

I went on a massive Brighton group ride once, about 40 odd people... And there was not a single person with a mod/stock that had a seat.

Why do you care about me being "new school", so what? I was 14 when I started trials, you probably started at the same age. I was born a couple or more years later than you. It just means I entered trials in a new "era" and I have had access to better bikes since I've started, so why should I even bother thinking about old school? It may be where you started off, but that's the past. Let it go, live for today, not your past.

You can do what you want, in the same way I can. I'm not saying you need to care, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't. More knowledge is never a bad thing. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's irrelevant. I was responding to your post more than you, if you would have said "That bike doesn't come with a seat to allow for better geo and clearance." I wouldn't have said anything, but it was more the fact you tried to insult someone new to this, who was just asking a question. Saying he hadn't done any research, isn't that what he was doing by asking a question?

You can do what you want, in the same way I can. I'm not saying you need to care, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't. More knowledge is never a bad thing. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's irrelevant. I was responding to your post more than you, if you would have said "That bike doesn't come with a seat to allow for better geo and clearance." I wouldn't have said anything, but it was more the fact you tried to insult someone new to this, who was just asking a question. Saying he hadn't done any research, isn't that what he was doing by asking a question?

I'm sorry I insulted someone.

On topic, if you do get a seat, get one of these it's small and out of the way.

Have you not done any research? The bike he's bought can't fit a seat.

I know, but if he does decide to get a trials bike with a seat tube (one of the old onzas) then that would be one to get. :)

But, he could try using this if he wanted to. http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/other_frame_spares/monty_seat_pad/c127p2226.html

Not sure if it fits bikes other than montys though.