Hope Tech X2's?

tom7995

They are pretty bad ass to be fair. But they're supposed to be redesigning them slightly again, to add 15% more power than before. Or so i read.

They've changed the pivot placement in the master cylinders for 2012. This means the power is uped by 15% but apparently also improves feel, not sure if it's all their brakes that get the change though.

From reading the article it sounds like (in terms of the tech lever) the only change is from replacing the brass barrel with a roller, so does that indicate it could be a modification to the current Tech levers to increase there power? It would be nice if this was an option. Those bashguards look pretty nice also.

There is no brass barrel in the Tech lever (incorrect article fail)... I can't see how the roller alone would increase power by 15% (there would have to be a MASSIVE amount of friction to do that), but the leverage ratio looks to be slightly different which is where the power comes from. Pretty sure that you could retrofit the new roller to existing blades from looking at it, which is good :)

There is no brass barrel in the Tech lever (incorrect article fail)... I can't see how the roller alone would increase power by 15% (there would have to be a MASSIVE amount of friction to do that), but the leverage ratio looks to be slightly different which is where the power comes from. Pretty sure that you could retrofit the new roller to existing blades from looking at it, which is good :)

Paid for some Tech V2's last night, saw the change and started to have second thoughts, the fact you might be able to bodge them sounds awesome!