Working Abroad.

mrlynch

Right straight to the point, I'm looking to make a fresh start and me and a friend are really considering trying to find work abroad, possibly Australia.

Problem is, got no idea where to start, how much it's going to cost etc.

If anyone has any information or help it would be appreciated, or if anyone on here knows of anyone who has done this, a bit of feedback on how they've found it would be ace.

Cheers,

Andy (Y)

Edited by mrlynch

Right straight to the point, I'm looking to make a fresh start and me and a friend are really considering trying to find work abroad, possibly Australia.

Problem is, got no idea where to start, how much it's going to cost etc.

If anyone has any information or help it would be appreciated, or if anyone on here knows of anyone who has done this, a bit of feedback on how they've found it would be ace.

Cheers,

Andy (Y)

few people on here have done it,albeit temporarily.

depends how you want to do it, without a skilled trade, or a lot of money you cant just up sticks and move to places like that, you wont be able to(much like JT! and america, he couldnt work or even stay in the country, till he married his then GF) due to visas and immigration restrictions.

you can get a working holiday visa for australia, which enables you to live there for 12 months, you can only stay at each place of employment for 6 months, many people do this, and float around bars, restaurants, farms etc, renewing the visas for a couple of years. but how you would transition from this to permanent life over there without a stroke of luck or the like i dont really know (as in i doubt i could go over there as a skilled mechanic, get a job in that kinda field and get settled enough to apply for a permanent visa within the 6 month window)

you can get a working holiday visa for australia, which enables you to live there for 12 months, you can only stay at each place of employment for 6 months, many people do this, and float around bars, restaurants, farms etc, renewing the visas for a couple of years.

This sounds good to me. Obviously I'm just gathering as much information as possible at the minute, and also saving up money. I just really want to get away, and I feel that now is the best time to do it, while I've got nothing to hold me back :)