Anthony Messere Fall Edit

Jake Beach

He's cool. Like some punk ass kid come to shake up the world of MTB by just boosting high and not giving a f**k. His entrance at Crankworx was amazing, and based on that video, he's now one of my favourite riders.

I appreciate the way that when he rides, he doesn't just try and do the same circuit of tricks that every single other rider does (watching some of the comps this summer live was like watching paint dry in most cases) - with the exception of Darren Berecloth who just seems to do superman seatgrabs now - but he uses the fact he's got a larger wheels and a bike that can take stuff like that to just boost the shit out of everything. Watching him air that hip at that Red Bull comp earlier in the year (totally forgotten the name) was awesome just because while everyone else was trying to nail their standard flip or whip over it, he just went twice as high and twice as smooth. Seems to be the Chase Hawk of the MTB world in a way, which is pretty much the highest praise I can give :P