Fixie Frame Size Help?

jacksnell95

I imagine you will need something around a 54cm. Specialized do a guide here which states you need either a 52cm or a 54cm When you are in the middle of sizes like that its all due to preference and how you want to be positioned on the bike.

Best thing is probably to pop into a bike shop that sells complete fixies (charge, mongoose, fuji, specailized) and try having a sit on them and see how it feels.

Bike sizing guide

Measure your inside leg and looks for the standover height of the frame if possible. I'm about your height and a 52-56cm is comfortable. But people have different size legs so best to measure your inside leg too.

Edited by weirdoku

hi jack im your height with a 32inch inside leg,iv got a specialized langster in a 56/57 one of those.it feels good for me.ifu wana try it give me a text and you can take it for a spin.

ok thanks i'll give you a text and pop round at some point:)

and thanks guys for all the other advice :)

I do track racing and I went for a 56cm, this frame was perfect for me, however for going about town I'd probably go for a 54cm frame. I'm 5"11 now, but when I first got the 56cm frame I was around 5"9 so I'd say go for a 52-54 if I were you.

What are you going to use it for?

I'm the same height as you dude I ride a 54 genesis flyer. I find this to be fine on my inside legs but it's more the top tube length that is to long I'd rather have a slightly smaller frame where if I wanted I could run a longer stem to compensate I'm currently running a 50mm bmx stem to make it fit! 52 would be my preferred size as I have shortish arms