Hope V2 Pads

Chambers

By now I'm guessing you've figured out I'm trying to get more power out of my hope V2 disc brakes so here is my next questions.............

Is it best to stick to the manufacturers pads or are other companies producing pads that are better?

Also the variations in the pads too- organic, sintered, DH, enduro, trail, aggressive, ceramic and burly has anyone found certain variations better???

So far I've discovered that for my discs there are the following pads available hope, nuke-proof, clarks, brake authority and goodridge. So if anyone has used these pads and found the braking better or you have any information of other pads you noticed a significant improvement could you please let me know/

Cheers Paul

Edited by Chambers

We got some V2 brakes in last week, and it seems Mono Trial pads fit them so you could theoretically put some Mono/Tech Trial Pro pads all up in there.

Might be worth waiting for some official confirmation from someone who knows what's up, but I'm pretty sure they were the V2s we got.

You might be - Adam's brakes are amazing on his mod now, and even Ali "Cries all day about Hope brakes" Clarkson appeared to initially like them before crying about not liking Hope brakes again. They do seem to be noticeably better.

EDIT: Cap's got them on his front brake and they've been top banana on that as well.

You might be - Adam's brakes are amazing on his mod now, and even Ali "Cries all day about Hope brakes" Clarkson appeared to initially like them before crying about not liking Hope brakes again. They do seem to be noticeably better.

EDIT: Cap's got them on his front brake and they've been top banana on that as well.

is that with a hope v2 or a mono trial??

just sent hope an email asking if the pro pads are bein released for the v2 see what i get back from them.

iv used a v2 on the front and rear of my mod, never had any problems power wise, just as powerful as a mono trial, padwise, i dont think mono trial pads will fit, from the looks of things. both of my brakes are off my bike so ill swap the mono trial pads into the v2 quickly to see.

bled properly, faced and bedded in the v2s are so powerful

It might be the fact I've got Koxx forks with a 155mm mount so cant face it with a hope tool. I'll give it all a fresh bleed and re-set it up to see if things improve. I am with Ali though Hope brakes are temperamental.

Are you running a 155mm rotor up front, or have you got some adapters and a larger rotor on the go?

Really sorry didn't mean to "jack" the thread

Are you running a 155mm rotor up front, or have you got some adapters and a larger rotor on the go?

I've got a number 3 caliper (180 on an IS mount?) and got hope to make me a 175mm rotor in the mono trial pattern. So no adapters or anything.