Riding In/ Around Brighton?

Skoze

Hey y'all,

Thinking Unis for next year and Brighton's pretty high on the list, just wondering what the riding's like there/ surrounding areas?

I know there are some sweet BMX spots about but i can't spend all my time riding those on the 24" alone and i'd rather not go down the get-a-BMX route if I can help it.

An help would win :)

Matt

Dont know what your transport situation is like but i rode Worthing (which is just down the road) a couple of weeks back and ive got to say it was an amazing place and we only really rode the seafront, there's some sweet rocks and ledges and gaps and all kinds to suit all kinds of riders, as for Brighton I can only imagine that it would be amazing.

Hope that helps somewhat.

GotobrightonGotobrightonGotobrightonGotobrightonGotobrightonGotobrightonGotobrightonGotobrightonGotobrightonGotobrighton

because I live closer to there than I ever did to London...

I haven't actually ridden Brighton since I was like 16 but I remember it being great at the time and having a decent scene. Need to drag myself back down there actually...

EDIT: In terms of 'local' areas, Horsham was where me and Oli rode for the Mr Bluesky short video we did a couple of months back - quite a fun place to ride. My new home town looks pretty cool too although I haven't had a chance to ride here yet! Good skatepark too.

Edited by JD™

Cool stuff :) If I get in I should be living on Grand Parade, so right in the middle of the place haha. Everything around there seemed waaay too busy to get ridden but I'm guessing slightly out of the touristy shit should be good!

Getting to you would be piss too, so yay team bondage/ing.

I was there for a week around 3 years ago and got a few rides in. Didn't get an overly extended search done of spots, but there was plenty to ride, but what it lacked in variety it made up for in vibe. Everyone seemed receptive, and whilst the seafront is busy, no one blinks an eye at you riding there, but overall there was just a very relaxed, nice feeling to being out on a bike there.

• 4 months later...

Im in eastbourne [just down the coast from brighton] i'll be up for a brighton ride. went there a few times last summer best areas seem to be around the train station btw.

Edited by guymike