Broadband Or Wi-Fi Problem

Oak T

Hey.

I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi. It has been doing this for the past 2 days I cant solve it.

Example:

I'm browsing through trials-forum get them it seems like my Wi-Fi has disconnect and the page I want to go into just keeps loading doesn't do anything but load.

My laptop still says I'm still connected but the page will not load, I'm using Firefox so it just says connecting on the tab And recently the broadband speed seemed a bit slow but checked the speed I was getting it was Download speed 43220 Kbit/s which seems fine and upload speed 4098 Kbit/swhich it fine too Ping 22.

Broaband Provider: Virgin

Modem: Virgin

Broadband Speed: 50Mbp

Wireless Router: D-link (came with the package)

Laptop: Acer Aspire 7540

Oh one more thing I also have a Sony Vaio and a MacBook Pro but they seem to work fine with no problem.

Could anyone help to solve this problem?

Edited by Oak T

You could try running an ethernet cable between your laptop and router and disable the wifi see if the problem persists, if so, maybe try another browser, google chrome? or jus plain old IE, failing that if its not too much trouble a fresh install maybe even if its on another HDD.

There was a wicked little program that i used to use called 'WinSockFix', free download, it basically will renew your ip address DNS all internet related things, give that a go it wont do any harm.

If i think of anything else ill let you know.