How To Whip A Mtb?

Gaz96

i do dirt jumping and street/park and i find it easy just to to come towards your ramp/take off spot and as you jump twist your body to the direction you want to do and pull a little on your handle bars towards that direction then when you want to bring it back turn your bars facing back in your direction of travel and twist your body again. (When i say body its from your ribs down over i dont know the correct word :P ) Hope this helps :)

Vampy :)

whips are still my favourite thing to do on a bike wether it be on street/dirt/ramp it doesn't matter (even though street is best (Y) ) my whips aren't exactly stylish but here's a picture from agesss ago of me doing a whip in a bunnyhop to help explain how to do them a little better, i find it easier to just focus on your landing point without turning your head whilst your hopping, and as soon as im in the air i relax my left leg a little bit and also relax my left arm and hand (if im whipping clockwise like in the picture), and at the same time use your right leg to push the bike away from you whilst pulling the bike towards you with your right arm, hopefully the picture helps to illustrate this as it's very hard to explain

IMAG0081.jpg

Edited by onzamartin