Speedrace Fans Keeps Cracking!

I-LUV-TRIALS

hey guys, i bought a speedrace fans frame with a crack that needed welding,

i had the frame welded up and it was fine for a couple of weeks, now it started creaking.

ive checked the whole frame and found a crack in the right chainstay where it meets the bb. a crack in the left chainstay where it meets the disc mount, and a crack in the top of the bottom tube where it meets the headstock/top tube.

my question is, do i bother welding these three places or is it gonna crack again in 2 weeks time?

anyone had any experience with these frames?

cheers, Adam

that's probably the one that's been cracked and resold to just about everyone on the forum but either way it's probably time to let it go 3 rewelded cracks is pretty sketchy almost suicidal

aha its got 2 welded cracks now, so would be 5 in total, i only got it as i was fed up with a heavy long low bb gu lol

I think it's safe to say it's time to move on. I know of FANS frames that have been repaired and kept going for quite a while but that was just one crack, having 3 at one time sounds like it's about fooked.

this!

maybe if you cant get it done for relatively little?....but start saving/looking around for something new

*edit, just read the update...just ride it till it breaks, sounds like youre fighting a loosing battle with it!

till then...maybe ease off any big stuff, and enjoy learning some moves without caring if youre going to dent/scratch the frame

Edited by chris4stars

You wanna get yourself a Bionic B5ST, same geo as a FANS and cheap as hell brand new for the frames. Think mine here cost about £135 delivered!

ill have a word with alex tomorrow, he lives about 15mins away aha, for the time being i think ill just try to destroy the fans haha