Tyres

ogre

hey y'all, i'm picking up a DH bike in a few weeks, i don't have a car so i'm going to be cycling out to some of my local ride spots (been told their an an acheivable distance from my home) i don't want to be ruining my proper dh tyres on road, so i'd like to get some streetier tyres that will offer less rolling resistance. ideally i'd like something that would support some urban riding to, i was thinking about moto RTsthe crazy bob and the holy roller i use the holy roller on my 24" and i'm pretty pleased with it, but theres probably something i've missed... anyway i'd like to keep it under £20 a tyre but i don't mind paying more if they're worth it, cheers TF :)

If you want to ride the tyre off road, I would probably avoid street tyres, they really can't cope with any type of mud. Personally I would be looking at a semi-slick such as:

Intense fro

or

Kenda BBG

or

High Roller semi

The other option would be to get a tyre with a more solid centre tread and standard side knobs like the Maxxis Crossmark. Even a Maxxis Larson TT would be better rolling than a dh tyre but grippier than a street tyre.

i already have dh tyres on the bike, i plan on lugging them with me and swapping them over at the ride (ball ache, but it's worth it to preserve expensive ass tyres) so i'm happy for fully slicks for street and distance...

getting holy rollers as theres some locally for cheap, will dig this up and review them for streety fs use, since theres a few lads getting into dh atm i bet the want to hit up the streets will get you too :P

Edited by ogre

• 3 weeks later...