Part Review

bike_dummie

hi,

Post your reviews for parts such as frames, forks, chains ect in here but no pad reviews as there is already a thread for that. Please Don't post a review if you have only used the part for a month or less and please no discussion. Please do lay out the review as done bellow and state riding style eg if you are smooth or if you are a bit of a basher.

Ill start off with posting some reviews;

Style, bit of a basher to an extent as i am still learning.

Part: Trialtech disc forks (+20)

Time used: 8months

Review: No problems with the fork, very stiff and well made still running strong, only down side is that the drpouts are 9mm desighned for trialtech hubs where as other hubs such as echo, rockman ect use 10mm this is an easy fix so overall i give the forks 4/5.

Part: KMC Z610 HX, 3/32" chain

Time used: 8months

Review: Strong, light with no stiff links, hasn't broke once over a 8month period of riding most days of the week.Not sure what else to say abut a chain, I rate the chain 5/5.

Part: Try all lock on grips

Time used: 6months

Review: These grips are nice and thin and very grippy grips but the knurled suface wears down fast but this doesnt overly effect there performance another down side is thier high price at £16 is a bit over priced but i still highly recomened these grips as they are nice to hold and relatively thin so I rate these grips at 3.5/5 .

I will post some more reviews up later.

Frame: Onza Ice 2.

Time Used: 5 Months

• Love it. In my eyes it is up there amongst much higher priced frames in terms of how it looks, and the quality of it.
  • Features such as the steel anti-flare rings on the headtube reduces the risk of flaring the headtube when fitting a new headset
  • The integrated booster not only stiffens braking, it also prolongs frame life.
  • Integrated tensioners make wheel alignment a doddle.
  • The frames paint work looks fantastic, the best onza have done in my opinion.

It rides spot on. The geometry feels bang on, with each aspect of the frame complementing the other. Rear wheel control and placement is easy due to shorter chainstays and the higher BB rise, while the longer reach on the frame keeps things comfortable.
Would really recommend it. 4/5 for strength.

Forks: Echo Urban 09
Model: Disc/ 4bolt option
Time Used: 3 Months

• Good quality fork, thats plenty strong enough for the average rider (myself)
  • Forks looks good, with a good strength/weight aspect.
  • Stiff fork.
  • Strong Disc/ 4 bolt tabs.
  • 3.5/5 for strength

Cranks: Trialtech Sport Crank Arms

Time used: 1 and a half years

• Strong cranks, look good and can take a beating.
  • Threads are fine after a number of freewheel/ pedal changes.

Surely the strongest cranks out there? 5/5

Rims: Echo TR 19"/ 20"
Time used: 6 months

• Strong rim, look great and hold a grind well too.
    5/5

I'll add more when I have the time :P