Bionic B5R 2011/2012

liam n

on the topic of crappy hs mounts, pengsmelly on here had to have the mounts on his speedrace moved by about an inch, and my other mate had to run a half link on his limey 3 just to get the mounts to line up!

it would appear that manufactures are all about the rear disc and just cba with hs mounts anymore aha

on the topic of crappy hs mounts, pengsmelly on here had to have the mounts on his speedrace moved by about an inch, and my other mate had to run a half link on his limey 3 just to get the mounts to line up!

it would appear that manufactures are all about the rear disc and just cba with hs mounts anymore aha

I'm sure their Chinese workers are sooo brilliant at doing what their supposed to as well.

And you say the maggie mounts didn't work? That stinks cause if I got one I'd run a maggie. Hopefully they aren't all like that.

they were well usable but welded a little bit wonky, meant the slaves had to be on crazy mad angles for the pads to make aquare contact with the rim

to anyone wanting to run a rear disc on one, its an awesome frame for that, same geo as sky 2

I'm sure their Chinese workers are sooo brilliant at doing what their supposed to as well.

onza, speedrace and zhi are all manufactured in china haha only ozonys, koxx and monty are the only ones i know of that aren't

they were well usable but welded a little bit wonky, meant the slaves had to be on crazy mad angles for the pads to make aquare contact with the rim

to anyone wanting to run a rear disc on one, its an awesome frame for that, same geo as sky 2

everything's all together fine except my maggie pads are to thick and the maggie hits the cranks, plus i need new snail cams so the wheel centralises!

onza, speedrace and zhi are all manufactured in china haha only ozonys, koxx and monty are the only ones i know of that aren't

everything's all together fine except my maggie pads are to thick and the maggie hits the cranks, plus i need new snail cams so the wheel centralises!

You sure :-

I don't know where Ozonys is manufactured, but I'm pretty sure Koxx and Monty get there stuff made in China now.

That's not good news, what cranks are you running? Are they like 170mm or something? It may also be the bb doesn't stick out far enough, I was hoping there wasnt this many issues cause I want this frame! Haha

Edited by J Trials 31
  • Like 1

What was wrong with it?

chain line problems parts didn't fit it was a part exchange/ garuantee from rocknroll bikes so i sent them it back after they pissed us around for ages

coust pads? :P

yes! haha

That's not good news, what cranks are you running? Are they like 170mm or something? It may also be the bb doesn't stick out far enough, I was hoping there wasnt this many issues cause I want this frame! Haha

they're ain't that many problems just my coust pads are too thick! everything else is perfect. they're 175mm cranks. try all ones that have been discontinued. lush frame though

looks awesome haha

chain line problems parts didn't fit it was a part exchange/ garuantee from rocknroll bikes so i sent them it back after they pissed us around for ages

yes! haha

they're ain't that many problems just my coust pads are too thick! everything else is perfect. they're 175mm cranks. try all ones that have been discontinued. lush frame though

looks awesome haha

Ahh, ok that makes more since then. I will put one of these and the new Zhi Team frame on my wishlist. hehe :rolleyes:

Not sure thats totally correct, I'm sure koxx is made in china anyway, there may certainly be designed in Europe but then made in china... I think im going to have to research now and find out!... one think i can see why is the speedrace solo's and koxx sky2's are pretty much exactly the same frame with a few small changes.

When i got my prototype from speedrace then put time into painting the frame, but as adam said, put the maggie mounts a good couple inches out! ha... luckily i knew some experts who quickly took the mounts off and put them in the right place:)