Removing Magura Mounts

trialsbeginner

get an angle grinder, cut off as much as you can but dont go right to the frame,

then get a big file and start filing away until you get real close to the frame,

then a small fine file to finish it off,

then you can use fine sandpaper to smooth off completely.

job done.

weight saving? :lol:

thanks! really helpful :) and i agree with the weight saving too even if it is a few grams lol

haha no worries man, but i was joking about the weight saving, you wont even notice any difference.

however it does make your frame look a lot better. I had a neon bow 20" frame that I took the maggy mounts off, filed everything smooth etc to run dual disc and after powdercoating it looked like a brand new frame.

good luck chap.

Its no problem to remove your Maggie mounts. I have done this on my inspired.

took the anglegrinder and cut it off at the welds. Don't be too agressive, because it can heat up and ruin the alloy. Making it crispier. (If your REALLY agressive, but i do not think it any problem) then its just to take the grinder and grind down the rest of your welds. Grind it as close as you dare, without ruining your tubing. Then use a file to finish it off smoothly, mine is not noticeble when it got paint over.