Shipley Glen - Sunday 4Th March

TykeTrial

As it's the first round of the year, we'll let you off. The entry forms are still online (for now), so get it done quickly!

If you join the club first, then enter the trial, that would be best. Just put 'pending' for your membership number on the entry form, we'll sort it out properly on Sunday.

Cant wait for this....its out 1st so we want to hang around for the whole thing....do you announce a winner of the round and do them a little presentation or do people hand in the cards and go when they have finished?

We always do the results there on the day, usually within 10-15 minutes of the last rider coming in, then we present the medals to the top 3 in each class to take home with them. (The only exception of course is if the weather's REALLY bad, we might wait till the next trial then, but I think this has only happened once before!)

The results tend to go up on the website within a couple of days, and emailed out within the week with the entry form for the next round.

Looking forward to Sunday now, lots of new riders coming along as well as the old. See you all then.

PS: We don't confirm receipt of entries - if you've sent it and paid, you'll be on the list, don't worry about it, just turn up.

Entries will be accepted on the day for an additional charge of £5 (punishment!). For this first round, even though it's past the closing date you can still enter on-line up to Friday night at the latest. HERE

I believe this was 100% accurate...wettest day ever! Thanks to all the observers who had the worst jobs of standing around all day, the trial's wouldn't exist without you!

As Steve said, big thanks to the observers! Really top notch Trial, thought the sections were perfect for the first comp of the year! Had a spot on day :)

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Thanks for a great day from the Scottish team. Simon slipped and hurt his back (of the bike), then slipped pushing it between sections and hurt his shoulder. (competing with Ben now I think) and then got a nose bleed and cold. But the first ride at novice for him he managed most sections and had some fun! Aaron did well for him at Inter and knows what he needs to work at. Thanks to all the officials and the obsevers for a great day. back home in under four hours. See you all at Bracken.

Edited by kevind

Glad everyone enjoyed it! I had a wander round and I have to agree, I think the sections were perfect for the openoing round of the season. I was pleased to see that the 50/50 idea for the Cadet route worked well too! Just a shame about the weather, although I think we all still managed to have a good day!

Write-up coming soon!

Edited by Ben Swales

It was a good day.

Sections about spot on and really good to see so many new faces and some new young blood, just what the sport needs.

Shame about the weather but the off season investement in a new coat did the trick.

Big thanks to all the observers and section setters etc and of course Barbara.

see you at Bracken Rocks