Monty Rear Hubs

howvard

So looking at new rear wheels and find a one with a monty hub, checked it out and says the hub spacing is `110mm, so just wondering if anyone knows how well or even if it would fit into a 116mm dropout.

Anyone done this before, or know of someone who has or is still running it??

Pics would be sweet,

Thanks H

Monty frames used to have 110mm spacing, not 116mm. Tensioners went on the outside. I'd be cautious when it comes to Monty parts since they like to do things in their own "special" way. Best if you call the retailer you'll be buying the hub from. You're interested in axle width, not so much in hub spacing.

Thanks greetings, i have ask tarty some questions even though, im not buying from them, so il wait for the reply on that, but they have said before that the monty hub has a 106mm axle spacing :/ so with that in mind and saying that a snail cam is about 3mm wide?? 106+3+3 = 112mm, an that then leaves 4mm?? big issue ???

Il keep asking around and just see if other things come, up,

(dont post links of rear wheels for sale, because im in australia, an noone likes to post that far)

Thanks H

It could be that Monty tensioners are 2mm wide each. So if this hub is meant for 110mm frame spacing with tensioners mounted on the inside then you will not be able to use such a hub on a standard 116mm frame.

Yer very true, and fair point (Y) theres no point in taking the risk with a new frame, dont wanna stress the chainstays in a way that they dont wanna be, i guess il keep my eyes open (Y)

Thanks H