Moving Pedal Kick

robbie-woods

okay so ive been riding a few weeks now and have got loads better but struggling with a moving pedal kick! think its something i really need to learn to progress further so could someone help me with some tips to tell me how to practice and learn how to do it, thanks :)

okay so ive been riding a few weeks now and have got loads better but struggling with a moving pedal kick! think its something i really need to learn to progress further so could someone help me with some tips to tell me how to practice and learn how to do it, thanks :)

i would just watch as many "how to" vids as you can, trashzen.com is usually a favourite. or ryan leech vids.

its more about your body than your feet, (hard to explain but youll see when you do it)

its like your arms are rowing, your hips are thrusting (like sex ;)) your forward foot is kicking at the same time your brake finger is letting go of the brake.

complicated but youll get there eventually (Y)

its just about tweaking the technique and timing of your actions really.

dont know if this will help you or not.. but just keep at it mate!

Cheers guys I'm able to do a pedal kick and do one after another and so on what I mean is when your riding towards something say a wall and you want to jump up it. It always looks like then pedal kick up the wall. Really want to learn how to basically hop up a wall while riding towards it

ohh in that case, when your coming up to the wall, have your backfoot forward (like riding switch) then use your back foot to bring the front wheel up (like a wheelie) at this point your front wheel should be a few inches back from the wall and your front foot (kicking foot) will be coming round to its usual position, when it gets there give a sharp kick with the hip thrust upwards, then extend and let the bike come up.