Snail Cam Newbie Help!

I am your saviour! I ran the exact same setup (TR on a Simple) and have just replaced my frame today, what you need is the spacers on the axle machined down by 3mm to allow the axle to accept some snailcams. I'd be more than happy to swap you my milled down spacers for your standard ones?

Also the thing with the wheel not sitting straight when the bolts are tightened up are down to the fact the dropouts aren't quite in line, I had the same problem but sorted it easy enough. All you have to do is adjust the driveside snailcam to tension the chain and nip the bolt up, then (this sounds like a pain in the arse but I promise you it isn't!) you'll probably have to push the wheel into the frame to square it up, set the non driveside cam into the position required and tighten that side up. I ran mine all last year like that and only really had to adjust it once or twice when I changed the chain.

Hope this helps!

I am your saviour! I ran the exact same setup (TR on a Simple) and have just replaced my frame today, what you need is the spacers on the axle machined down by 3mm to allow the axle to accept some snailcams. I'd be more than happy to swap you my milled down spacers for your standard ones?

Also the thing with the wheel not sitting straight when the bolts are tightened up are down to the fact the dropouts aren't quite in line, I had the same problem but sorted it easy enough. All you have to do is adjust the driveside snailcam to tension the chain and nip the bolt up, then (this sounds like a pain in the arse but I promise you it isn't!) you'll probably have to push the wheel into the frame to square it up, set the non driveside cam into the position required and tighten that side up. I ran mine all last year like that and only really had to adjust it once or twice when I changed the chain.

Hope this helps!

that would be great foxy cheers, i would probably balls it up somehow trying myself. do you have to have a pic of your old setup i can copy? with reference to the dropout alignment is that a design flaw or supposed to be like that? seems an odd design

with reference to the dropout alignment is that a design flaw or supposed to be like that? seems an odd design

i've got the older modstock frame and i have to do the exact same thing when i tighten the rear wheel, also my 4 bolt mounts are on the piss.

seems that because's manufacturing tolerances aren't that tight!

O

that would be great foxy cheers, i would probably balls it up somehow trying myself. do you have to have a pic of your old setup i can copy? with reference to the dropout alignment is that a design flaw or supposed to be like that? seems an odd design

I'll take a pic tomorrow when I strip it down for you an have a go at getting the spacers off. As for the dropouts it's as above!