Advice On Onza, Is This Is A Good Buy ?

RDV

Hi there

I'm looking to buy my first mod trials bike, and saw this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ONZA-T-PRO-20-TRIALS-BIKE-magura-HS33-ground-rim-monty-eagle-claw-rear-tyre-/180853766014?_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7409211355951743144#ht_500wt_922

I've secured the bike for £240 if I want it from the owner, is this worth the money ? Or would I be better off buying an onza Pro with the cable discs ?

Is there much difference in the T Pro and Pro ?

Thanks

that seems a bit pricey to me, i sold a 2005 model t pro 2 years ago for 150!

there are definitely better deals to be had out there, have a look in the for sale section :)

EDIT: dan beat me to it!

Edited by err

Thanks a lot guys, I was about to go buy it too! Glad I got your advice first.

My budget is £300 as I already have an Element.

I messaged the guy on gumtree Dan

I thought the frame was old as I couldn't find

Much info on the web about, but maybe thought the saving grace was the Maggies ?

Edited by RDV

Thanks a lot guys, I was about to go buy it too! Glad I got your advice first.

My budget is £300 as I already have an Element.

I messaged the guy on gumtree Dan

I thought the frame was old as I couldn't find

Much info on the web about, but maybe thought the saving grace was the Maggies ?

Brakes mean nothing if they are on a tire/old frame though buddy.

Then again, I know of an '05 Da Bomb that's still alive near me because I sold it to him many moons ago, and that's even got the original paint job :lol:

Brakes mean nothing if they are on a tire/old frame though buddy.

Then again, I know of an '05 Da Bomb that's still alive near me because I sold it to him many moons ago, and that's even got the original paint job :lol:

good point! I'm pretty new to the trials scene, and brand new to the mod scene lol

I'm going to see that onza pro that dan suggested later :)

Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for ?

Edited by RDV

good point! I'm pretty new to the trials scene, and brand new to the mod scene lol

I'm going to see that onza pro that dan suggested later :)

Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for ?

Give the wheels a good shake side to side to make sure the bearings are okay, check round welds to make sure their is no cracks in the frame or otherwise.

Make sure if it's got hydraulics that the resovoirs are sealed and not leaking.

I think that's about it... As far as main things go, the rest is common sense really.

EDIT: When shaking the wheels make sure the opposite brake is on, otherwise it will hold the wheel in place and you won't notice the play in the wheel if it's gone.

So hold the back brake to check the front and front brake to check the back (Y)

Edited by How Original

Yeah those are all things I would have done anyway to be honest, cheers though. I bought it, the bike is sound apart from the brakes need sorting ( they're the cable original ) I'm thinking of putting a maggy on the rear. I need to change the grips as he had bmx ones on and also get some original pedals. Also the bloody brake levers are horrendous compared to my inspired lol.