Remove Brake 'pad' From Plastic Backing?

williams

Hi, how do i remove my pad material from a pplastic backing, I would like to re-use the backing as im trying something special... ;) Should I cook it for a couple of minutes or how do i do it?

Bake it in the oven at 150deg of celsius...I wouldn´t reuse the backings though.

Edited by ghostrider88

I've tried getting pads out of plastic backings and i find it impossible, i've boiled them and cooked them. Nothing worked for me. Get CNC ones.

Im getting CNC ones, be-green or LGM. Just wan't to try making my own dual compound plastic backed pad haha ;)

hahah ;)

Do you know if i should boil it, or put it in the oven?

no not a clue mann sorry, im still savin for a maggy which will have tnn baeleys on :) cnc backing too, but i would probably say oven, because surely what if you may in the future use that material again, surely the water from boiling will contaminate it?

no not a clue mann sorry, im still savin for a maggy which will have tnn baeleys on :) cnc backing too, but i would probably say oven, because surely what if you may in the future use that material again, surely the water from boiling will contaminate it?

It wont.

Ive boiled my old LGM material in the past to seperate them from the backings, and then reused the material on my front mag and it was fine.