The New Echo Tr Brakes

bt rider

im building up a new bike and really like the look of the new echo tr brakes i would be running the rim brake on the back and 180 mm bisc on the fornt (mod ) i know the old style echo brake leaked like mad but have they sorted the problems out with these new style ones ?

Edited by bt rider

It seems that Echo have mostly resolved the leak issues.

I too am interested in them. I read one of Marks replies on a question regarding the brakes on Tarty, and he said a small number had been returned with leak issues.

I have used a set that work though, and they feel really, really nice.

Order them from tarty and you'll have no problem. If they leak, get in touch with them and send them back :)

Edited by Echo Lite 09

Echo have mostly resolved the leak issues with rim brakes so I'd say it's safer to buy one now than ever before. Most of those brakes which manage to fail do so because of debris getting into the master cylidner and scratching the walls. That's something you can easily avoid by pulling a finger from a rubber glove over the cylinder before you ride it.

i had massive masivie problems with my rear echo tr rim brake, the pistons are a bit shit .. i have used the disc brakes and they are much better though..

Didnt you sell yours on though?

And the dude that got them made them feel sweeet

Echo Disks are a bit of a 50/50 quality control is absolute shit it seems with half working perfectly and the others being absolute crap . I have owned 3 Echo Tr disks 2 of which were awful until I replaced multiple parts . If your really set on a disk go for a Hope , much better performance but slightly heavier (miles better though) , the TR levers and body are actually quite awkward to use . Two of mine have leaked , before I upgraded to Hope it was almost every week .

Magura , Hope or Avid are the best options for V brake /HS33 (hydrorim) and disks .