Forks-Curved Blade Vs Straight

Blake

Hey all, I can't figure out any benefits of having curved forks over straight forks. I know that you still get the same amount of rake because straight forks are welded on at an angle, so what's the point? Stronger? Lighter?

Thank you :)

there are no pros and cons at all.all angles and the trail factor are the same.only the area of maximum bending momentum is in another place.curved ones have this in the upper bend,straight ones at the crown welds.but thats equalized by the different tube diameters in that areas.

ergo:it just looks better to have straight ones,and it has REALLY MINIMAL pros on the vibration thing for curved ones.

info from tange.

in theory curved should absorb vibrations better. In practice it is hard to tell because alu forks tend to be curved and steel tend to be straight so a lot of what you feel could be the material differences, however I have found that curved seem to feel nicer on gaps to front and staight forks with shoulders like the planet x ones are painful if you try footjams or fall on them.

Edited by sstein
  • Like 1