Ashton Effect Frame Question

Joshm1991

Hey guys!! :)

I'm wanting more of a streety bike instead of my Phase 1.2 and I'm just wondering if anyone has had any expeierence with the Ashton Effect frames?? I'm wanting to take everything off my Phase and put it straight onto a new frame but obviously the Phase is a 26" and the Aston is down on tarty as a 24".. Would I be able to get away with putting my 26" wheel onto the Ashton frame??

Here is a link to the Ashton to save you searching/wondering which one of I'm on about!!

Linky: http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/frames/ashtondiamondback_effect_frame_fork_and_headset_kit/c128p11086.html

If there is no hope with this frame, could someone point me in the right direction of a cheap streety/DJ frame that is 26" wheel compatible!! :)

Thanks folks!!

Joosh

Do it properly, get 24" wheels.

Just change the rims, build them onto your existing hubs.

The answer's no by the way, you can't stick 26" wheels in a 24.

^This^

Why are you particularly interested in an Ashton, they're really not that great, you could probably pick up a used Leeson or Onza Zoot frame for similar money. Also If you are running a rim brake on the front you will need to buy 24" forks or a disc brake.

I've got a whole bike for sale. Looking for about 300 posted. Upgraded bike with pro2t rear wheel, Viz bar and stem, avid bb7 and arch rival brakes, xtr lever. Nice ride but really want to ride more compy stuff. Street doesn't suit me as much as i thought it would! It's up in the for sale section with plenty of pics. Might consider selling you the frame and wheels depending what your willing to pay?

Ahh okay fair one!! :) I'm just wanting to try to save as much money as I can which is why I chose the Ashton frame.. Also, I don't know wether or not I can ride a 24" to it's full potential!! I'm starting to throw my Phase round like a street bike and it's just not what I want!!

And murph, I'm looking for mainly just a frame but if the right thing arises, I might just get another bike!! :) I'll have a look and get back to you!!

Cheers guys

Joosh