G Turn & Fakie Nose Manual Help

weensie562

Any tips for these two tricks?

Whenever I try to g turn, I always end up either not leaning enough over the handle bars and do a regular 180 nose pivot, or I lean too far forward and fall over the bars.

And for the fakie nose manual, I can't even pull the rear wheel up far enough to balance.

Any tips?

Thanks

They're pretty hard. Never got g-turns but could do a fakie nose manual enough to go of a drop. Watch this video and just keep practising yanking the rear end up, you should have your arms straight when you're in the right position.

vimeo.com/12011497

Turns out I'm not good at embedding these days

Edited by bikeperson45

Thanks a lot man, that should really help!

Besides Danny mac's, are there any tutorials for g turns?

Nope, there's been some threads around where there's been some good advice though e.g. -

The trick with G-turns is being able to roll backwards on your front wheel confidently. So if you can get the hang of fakie nose manuals you should then progress onto G-turns.

You should also have a good grasp on being able to do rolling stopie 180s. G-turns are pretty much a combination of the two. The tricky bit is going from having your front wheel rolling forwards, to rolling backwards.

A good way to practice is hopping on your front wheel, letting the back wheel drop down, then flicking the bike back underneath you with your feet, hips and shoulders, letting go of the brake, bringing the back end up again and rolling backwards on the front wheel then grabbing the brake again...Doing this will get you used of the transition of going forwards to backwards in the G-turn.

Make sure you have a decent amount of pressure in your tyre or it's just going to fold as you make the transition.

I try to make a curve with my front wheel in the first part of the G-turn. I lean into the left, carving the front wheel (on a slight downwards slope usually helps). Once my back wheel is at around 90 degrees the turn picks up speed and I use my hips to throw the back of the bike round, more pressure is applied to the front end of the bike. This gives me speed to carry on into rolling backwards once Ive reached 180 degrees.

Now that I'm thinking about it a wee bit more and going through the actions in my head, i'm probably rolling backwards at about 165-170 degrees and continuing to carve the front wheel round backwards to about 270 degrees.

Ive maybe only a handful of times went a full 360 so im facing downhill again on the front wheel.

So just get used to your front brake, learn where its bite point is and be prepared to put a lot of effort in. My chest was killing me to the point it was sore to breathe one night after trying so many fakie nose manuals!

• Like 1