Wheel Alignment Problem..i Think...

williams

YO!

So I've built up my Because color 20" blablabla. It has a Trialtech race sealed hub and Neon snailcams. When I'm out riding, (the wheel or the brakes) moves, so the brake pads touches the rim. Every lets say, half a hour I have to move the wheel so it alignes good with the brake pads. And sometimes even move the brake cylinder. I think it's the snailcams, but it may also be the brakes.

Brake setup:

Magura 2011 hs33, 4 finger lever.

Echo TR washerless brake clamps.

And a neon 2 bolt booster.

and the pads are TNN backings with rockman blue refill.

If you haven't, grease your axle bolts up. You can get them quite a bit tighter in there if they're lubed. Snail cams are more of a setup aid rather than a keeping-your-wheel-in-place aid - once your axle bolts are done up that's what's mainly holding your wheel in place.

It's very unlikely the brake pads are actually moving in so I'd guess it's your snail cams. Since the Neon ones are smooth there's quite a high chance they are moving about.

So you suggest a 'notched' snail cam? :)

If you haven't, grease your axle bolts up. You can get them quite a bit tighter in there if they're lubed. Snail cams are more of a setup aid rather than a keeping-your-wheel-in-place aid - once your axle bolts are done up that's what's mainly holding your wheel in place.

I will try that, but I tightend them up really hard today still no luck... thanks! :)

EDIT: I did put a tad of copperpaste on them about a month ago, should i use lube instead?

Edited by williams

I'm also having problem with wheel alingment, but the problem is that the chain gets slacky every 30 minutes of riding and I'm using echo micro notched snail cams. The thread of my axle snapped, so I made the depper. Is this what may be causing the problem?

By lube I meant grease really. As long as they've got something that's better than nothing...

Okey, I try to re-lube it, if that doesn't work I buy new snail cams :)

I'm also having problem with wheel alingment, but the problem is that the chain gets slacky every 30 minutes of riding and I'm using echo micro notched snail cams. The thread of my axle snapped, so I made the depper. Is this what may be causing the problem?

Sorry, but what do you mean with 'depper'?

Edited by williams

Lithium grease and a better chain is your solution :)

I have no idea what a depper is.

Oh sorry, I meant that I made some new threads that go deeper in the axle.

I think that I may have solved the problem. The bolt was too long for the threads, so it just needed a small spacer :giggle: