Carbon Bars Cracking?

VAMPIRE V12

Hey guys.

How do you know if your carbon bars are cracking? I've got a set of carbon onza risers and it looks like a crack running underneath the left riser its about half way around and looks like the woven material have gaps in them if you see what i mean it looks like they have lifted up compared to the others. Also its like a thick laquer thats on the bars i think thats where the crack has started from but i dont know how far it goes into the carbon bars.

I will post a pic up in a min, any thoughts? Cheers guys

• Like 1

They bars are about 80% aluminium with a thin carbon wrap. The carbon is stiffer, so when the bars flex it cracks the carbon, but the aluminium is totally fine.

From a professional point of view I have to say they need changing - from a personal point of view, that is totally normal and they will still last for ages unless you are going huge. Pretty much every set did the same and I haven't heard of a set breaking.

Pretty much every set did the same and I haven't heard of a set breaking.

Although I guess a few people - me included :P - might have done this to their bars then decided not to use them on the off-chance I guess. I know my 28~" wide ones went like that, but my 30" ones definitely showed more signs of cracking than that before I stopped using them.