Whats The Best Bike Money Can Buy?

danrobinson

could i use the echo 24" as a dirt jump bike also?

It depends on how much value you put on your testicles, if not your face and maybe your life.

If you'd spend that much money giving somebody a profit and giving the government a lump through VAT why would you not pay less to get the same bike if not better (as in better suited to you in spec)?! Seems crazy that you'd throw 2k or something at a bike to pay people working for the shop's wages and fund the government when you could spend less and not waste any money!

Also the question you asked is wholey unanswerable I'm afraid, unless K-124 have just launched the 'Super-Pro-Hover-Trials 2' there simply is no best bike as each wheel-size is different, as is each style.

Get a cheep second hand bike of the forum, ride it, scratch it, feel bad, ride it, dent it, feel worse, snap it, man up, buy another ride it, damage it again, feel a little bad, man up, keep riding, get better, work out what you like, buy a bike that suits brand new, damage it, feel like crap, and keep the cycle going; otherwise you're not riding trials or not trying hard enough! And that, my friend is the (sometimes unfortunate) reality of it.

Edited by onza pro series guy

As said above, the only person who can answer your question is yourself. Different parts suit different riders, hence why not all the pros use the same parts. Personally I think dishing out all your money on a bike is a waste. Given that you are a beginner, you wouldnt necessarily benefit hugely from an expensive bike such as a top spec Rockman, Koxx or Ozonys. Something like a Limey 320 or Echo Lite would be a better investment in my opinion.

It depends on how much value you put on your testicles, if not your face and maybe your life.

If you'd spend that much money giving somebody a profit and giving the government a lump through VAT why would you not pay less to get the same bike if not better (as in better suited to you in spec)?! Seems crazy that you'd throw 2k or something at a bike to pay people working for the shop's wages and fund the government when you could spend less and not waste any money!

Also the question you asked is wholey unanswerable I'm afraid, unless K-124 have just launched the 'Super-Pro-Hover-Trials 2' there simply is no best bike as each wheel-size is different, as is each style.

Get a cheep second hand bike of the forum, ride it, scratch it, feel bad, ride it, dent it, feel worse, snap it, man up, buy another ride it, damage it again, feel a little bad, man up, keep riding, get better, work out what you like, buy a bike that suits brand new, damage it, feel like crap, and keep the cycle going; otherwise you're not riding trials or not trying hard enough! And that, my friend is the (sometimes unfortunate) reality of it.

: i was only asking,

it will be like next january when i get my money so i should of been through a few bikes and learnt what i like to ride

i was just asking as you lot have been riding for a while what you feel is the best bike

so i could try and a one cheap and see how i like the ride of a bike then get a expensive bike once i found one i liked

As said above, the only person who can answer your question is yourself. Different parts suit different riders, hence why not all the pros use the same parts. Personally I think dishing out all your money on a bike is a waste. Given that you are a beginner, you wouldnt necessarily benefit hugely from an expensive bike such as a top spec Rockman, Koxx or Ozonys. Something like a Limey 320 or Echo Lite would be a better investment in my opinion.

a limey is over £1000 anyway for the full build on rock 'n' roll bikes

if this would help,

i ride motorcross and enduro

i do downhill mountain biking

and i live in southport so i think i would need a streety feeling bike

if that helps figure out what bike would feel better

and i am not the sort of person that would want to change parts(unless there broken)

i ride a bike untill i get used to the feel of the bike

thanks guys

An expensive bike wont make you a better rider. It helps.. But its mostly upto you and your skill.

I know a couple of people who have waaaay cheaper bikes than me and theyre twice as good as me.

Get a nice 2nd hander for £500 ish on the forum. Save a few grand.

• Like 2

An expensive bike wont make you a better rider. It helps.. But its mostly upto you and your skill.

I know a couple of people who have waaaay cheaper bikes than me and theyre twice as good as me.

Get a nice 2nd hander for £500 ish on the forum. Save a few grand.

i know it wont help me learn much faster but its a start

i know that if i have a expensive bike i wont push myself untill i know that im ready

therefore it will save me ALOT of trips to the hospital :P

i know it wont help me learn much faster but its a start

i know that if i have a expensive bike i wont push myself untill i know that im ready

therefore it will save me ALOT of trips to the hospital :P

What? How on earth have you come to that conclusion?

You clearly want to blow all your money and ignore all advice, have fun with it.

• Like 3

What? How on earth have you come to that conclusion?

You clearly want to blow all your money and ignore all advice, have fun with it.

i just want a good bike that i know will do the job rather that spend all my money on clothes and shoes and have nothing to show for it

all i am saying is i want to buy a really good bike while i have the chance, even if i buy it and put it away untill i get better on crappy bikes

I dont understand what you're saying :S

its just how i think :P

at the end of the day i just asked a question to see what you guys think is the best bike

if i have the money why not spoil myself and get a decent bike with it, its my money at the end of the day

i just wanted your opinions on it

My opinion (as requested).. Throwing money at clothes, shoes and bikes dont mean sh*t...

Just means youll be that bit more dissapointed whenyou fall and ding your frame. Or rip your tights.

And having a nice frame that makes you not want to push yourself is the stupidest idea ive ever heard.

You want a shit frame you dont mid dinging so you will push yourself..

But then again if you want to spoil yourself.. Buy a koxx sky 2, and i look forward to your first video of you learning how to pedal kick and dropping off kerbs.

SHA-TING! Rant over..

• Like 4

im just gunna see when i get my money whats on here and on the market im gunna get a type of 24"

and a motorbike (crf150 or something)

thanks for the help

and carlperkins ill get my tights from primark so i dont have to worry about ripping them :P

P.s in response to the hospital quote .. If your scared of getting hurt.. This sport isnt for you. Take up painting.

im scarred of getting hurt at a extent falling of a push bike im not

getting run over by a bus i am

1. I wasn't trying to have a go at you, I'm sorry if thats how it came across but the question perplexed me and subsequently I got my gander on.

2. £1000 for a Limey 320! Foook that! you can pick them up used on here for half of that with awesome specs.

3. I'm glad to hear that you are going to ride other bikes, but please don't buy a bike untill you know what you like. I know how pissed I'd be if I'd have blown all my money on a say a Monty Kamel XVI or whatever it was called to find out I'd have prefered an Inspired all along, so my advice is to find out what you do and don't like on those other bikes and come back when you have a clearer idea of what you want.

4. YES! from what you've said a 24" street trials bike is the way for you, but don't rush into buying the 'best' or most expensive bike, the geometry on the Skye seems to be a bit like Marmite.

5. If you're gonna go to the hospital, you're gonna go to the hospital. It doesn't matter what you're riding! If you're worried you'll fall off on a second hand bike because it will be broken/ not set up right don't be! Us guys on here like our equippment to work and not destroy our faces just as much as the next man, and as the community is so small everyone knows each other, so you can trust what people say a little more than you could elsewhere. :D

• Like 1

dann2707

the reason i changed my mind so quickly is

i was just watching some videos on youtube of radfest and even people that have been riding for years fell off and carlperkins comments about i need a shit frame to push myself

so i would rather put most of my money into motorcross which i know i am good at

how does that make me naive?

thank you

1. I wasn't trying to have a go at you, I'm sorry if thats how it came across but the question perplexed me and subsequently I got my gander on.

2. £1000 for a Limey 320! Foook that! you can pick them up used on here for half of that with awesome specs.

3. I'm glad to hear that you are going to ride other bikes, but please don't buy a bike untill you know what you like. I know how pissed I'd be if I'd have blown all my money on a say a Monty Kamel XVI or whatever it was called to find out I'd have prefered an Inspired all along, so my advice is to find out what you do and don't like on those other bikes and come back when you have a clearer idea of what you want.

4. YES! from what you've said a 24" street trials bike is the way for you, but don't rush into buying the 'best' or most expensive bike, the geometry on the Skye seems to be a bit like Marmite.

5. If you're gonna go to the hospital, you're gonna go to the hospital. It doesn't matter what you're riding! If you're worried you'll fall off on a second hand bike because it will be broken/ not set up right don't be! Us guys on here like our equippment to work and not destroy our faces just as much as the next man, and as the community is so small everyone knows each other, so you can trust what people say a little more than you could elsewhere. :D

thanks mate

Oh and dude.... If you're riding street; SKIP THE TIGHTS!!!

okay ill get leggins instead :P

It was an error on my part, I typed out my message, went to make a Nescafé coffee with half a sugar, came back and pressed send not realising you changed your cheeky lil mind.

LY.

hahahaha why did i need to know you went to make a nescafe coffee withhalf a sugar?

strange man :)