Beginning With 20" - By Body Type

Pazu

to be honest, i would leave it and if anything goes wrong regarding your bb send the bike back and demand they swap it for a new one that isn't faulty

as you said in a previous comment, you paid for a new bike, so i that is what you should get

if it does brake, act like a complete noob with bikes and ask for a new one ;)

meanwhile in the real world... arrogance on that level doesn't work, especially when your dealing with a company in a different country. (from my perspective as a halfords employee) If we sent out a boxed bike to a customer, and they brought it in i rate that they had assembled it themselves ridden it and it fell to pieces, it would be their own fault for putting it together wrong/not contacting us immediately with the alleged faults, in the perfect world it wouldn't work that way, but they already have his money, and he's got a scratched and marked bike, so they can be all like 'you broke it, it's your problem now' and he'll have to suck it.

Yes, see I don't have the leverage over these guys in China, i'm rather at their mercy. For all that I know, they could be reading these posts! If it were a local bike shop and I could prove that I was jerked around, I would have no problem letting myself off of the leash a little, or maybe even coming in with police. In this case though, I have to stay nicey-nicey because it is technically my fault that I chose a bike shop in mainland China to do business with. I was looking at the bottom line, when maybe I should have been thinking more about reputation and service. I have to be reasonable about the distance and so, very patient. So frustrating, but I have to be cool. If they truly dick me over I'll have to take some action but TOPGEARS is still in my good graces. I make mistakes too.

I bought a car recently, when I lost the brakes to my "race truck" - 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd w/suicide back doors, last of the 318 motors. I had to work, had to have a vehicle so was forced to get what I could get fast. Transmission line went in the car that I bought, a week after I got it, stranded me several towns over, after working a Sunday, I was ripping mad. I let the garage have it. I got that guy some stirred up ha ha! He made it right that day, didn't want any trouble with me, but let me know over and over that I was way too intense. I have yet fix those truck brakes...

I have just pounded those crankarms on, now you want me to take them off again, damn! What am I looking for? I'll have to clean the grease off of everything to get a halfway decent pic. Happy to do it & I appreciate the advise.

That Ashton looks sweet as well. I can't get enough of bikes, would work in the field but it's actually somewhat competitive around here, and i don't think that the bike mechs make much for take home pay around here, I suppose that they do it because they love the lifestyle. Unfortunately with 2 kids, child support and expensive interests I need to rake in more cash than that.

Couldn't I ACE bandage my ankles to help defend against twists, at least initially? They are still 100% now. I'm sooo glad that I'm on a mod, the ground is so much closer. And I'm seeing a lot of it lately :lol:

I haven't heard back from TOPGEARS yet. Just trying to be patient.

Okay thanks Dan I'll try to watch it. When I was getting pads, I noticed this big rather scary looking "back pad" available online. Do you think that a back pad would help with this bottom of the back concern? I have no problem wearing pads, I wear a lot now. I still take crazy chances but have to get my skills going before I can apply this to trials. I'm thinking about getting some sort of face mask as well, wanting to keep my teeth if possible...

Here's the back pad I was looking at:

http://www.xsportspr...ector-2010.html

I hope that your back gets less painful soon!

Edited by Pazu

Check it out, the right bracket wasn't available so they just sent what they had. They are making it right, awesome! Loving trials!

On 2012-08-03 09:13, TOPGEARS . wrote:

> We've checked the photos and has determine to send a new BB, the BB

> on the bike you have is a 128mm, when we sent the bike the smallest

> size (118mm) was out of stock and now it should be in stock in a

> couple of days. We will send it along with the Lever Asap.

>

> Regards,

> Topgears

don't remove the crank arms, just pop the bolts out, and take a photo of how it looks without the bolt in ideally your bb axle will come right up to the point where the arrow is pointing in the image below:

post-7977-0-11043700-1344000825_thumb.pn

i'd advise you try an get the cranks on the bb to this point before riding any more.

Don't worry about all the safety gear, your being ridiculous, your only learning, your at ground level all the time, and your guna be falling no harder than if you loose your balance, the back pain you will experience is from the muscles in your back being used properly for the first time in a while, it's normal and it'll go, the only safety gar that makes allot of sense right now is a helmet and shin guards if you don't want gnarly scars... it's not like downhill where your pagering about at high speed, trials is a comparatively slow and safe sport...

Okay I see where you have indicated, I will check that when I get home. Thanks for the pic.

Though it doesn't come up much and I don't look it, I'm probably older than most beginning trials riders. I have ankle pads, and the shin guards that I have, happen to have knee guards attached. Other than those, I have elbow/upper arm pads, to avoid splintering an elbow on something. I don't have much control on this mod yet and I don't think that I have read enough or have enough experience to know quite what to expect from a fall. I bought the pads because I can use them for another sport as well. I suppose that I can forego the back pad and elbow pads, and a face mask. As for a face mask, I'm also taking up the sport of Kitewinging :offtopic: this winter and a face mask could be helpful there as the wing can come around fast and clock you in the face with force if the wind changes or something goes wrong. Plus it will help to keep my face warm.

Older people look pretty foolish all banged up. I don't want to go into the office limping with a bashed up elbow, and have to explain how I got that way. Basically I am too old to appear reckless. I can still BE reckless, I just don't want to look like I have been reckless or disregarded safety. I work with mostly gray haired, hopelessly overweight people with beer guts who are very conventional and do little apart from watch TV spend money & drink beer. Not that there's anything wrong with those things.

I also have two boys and need to set an example of safety and forethought for them. I want to demonstrate taking chances, but with some safety.

I hear what you are saying, I'm being overly careful. I'll stick to just being somewhat careful!

i wish i could nip downstairs and check on my bike and remind myself how an isis set up looks when it's 'normal' but it's not here to check, unless the bit of material showing is somehow tapered inwards to act as a stoper that don't look right, the other thought would be, does that amount of taper thats left out, match the amount of BB left to be covered? in my experience isis cranks usually slot onto the bb like it's meant to be :wub: and just need nipping up, i wish someone else would give a second opinion on this thread though. on the flip side i've enjoyed dumping everythign i can think of in a thread...

re the gear comment, i'm a 20 something so i guess i'm happy with scars and wounds, and i've never considered how others may perceive it, and i'm frugal as hell to boot, but i can see why you take your well being a bit more seriously. to be fair i don't see trials as all that dangerous, i'm the only rider in my circle of main riding friends who's had a proper injury, and i only know one other guy who's broken themselves properly in trials and he's riden even longer than i have, so bear in mind that injuries in trials are pretty rare and don't think about it to much!

Edited by ogre

Well thanks for accommodating the weird language and for generally trying to help out, you are setting a good example and it has made a big difference in my figuring out my mod. I broke my leg in the street on a mountain bike when I was 20, I'll have to check for a "crash stories" thread on here, I've got a few. 3 mild spills today, just had a helmet, terrain was steep class 6 dirt road, partially washed out. I'm just riding the bike, F it, if it breaks then I'll stop. I think the BB is just wrong for the crank arms. I may pull them and take pics through the crank arm but I think it's just milled straight through. I might be able to mill the hole slightly larger to correct the issue but first I'll try these crank arms on the new BB that Topgears is sending, they might work fine on that BB. Anyhow my hop is higher than ever and balance is getting more focused, I feel pretty good for basically day 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. Haven't yet received the replacement parts from TOPGEARS. Haven't been able to ride much due to finger injury.

I've decided to try a 24". Between myself and my two sons, it is easy to justify the need for a second trials bicycle for the household. This is the one that I'm ordering - except with a KO 108 ring and ISIS crank. It's 9.3 KG. I'm so impressed with the Neon Wing frame, had to go with another Neon. This is a 2012 Bow. Happy birthday to me.

post-31742-0-54222900-1345217605_thumb.j