Just Started

Yosh

Hi all, i recently bought this trials bike as abit of a project from what i can tell its a Megamo Frame and crank not sure about the wheels allthough i took it to the locall bike shop today and he tols me he knew the previous owner and the wheels are worth alot alone The front brake is just a normal disc brake and the back one is a magura v-brake.

I want to change basicly all the parts for new one eventually and just wanted some hints and tips on what to get and thought you guys will know alot more about me as this is my first project, so all info big or small will be very usefull to me.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/cranksets/onza_zoot_crankset_with_bashring/c11p11433.html

Is this crank any good?

Allso not sure about what size rims to get or whether to buy them ready made?

Ive seen alot of different pro riders with plenty of different size's i like the way they are now and feel comfitable is that all that matters?

post-32545-0-13415600-1347829353_thumb.j

As above, I wouldn't bother spending any money on it other than maybe a set of riser bars and maybe brake pads depending on what's already fitted. Use it to learn the basics and when you feel ready go for a more modern full build 2nd hand off here, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

As previously said, for a starter bike it's okay, you're definitely better off not spending much money until you're certain you want to ride trials and it won't be a waste of money.

In my opinion first, I'd buy some new rear brake pads (if needed) and possibly new front brake (depending on how well they work well) then I'd consider changing your bars followed by forks followed by frame. The wheels, look gokay from the picture, and the rear brake is perfect even for pro riders as it's a magura rim brake.

However a complete better second hand bike might be a better choice for you.

For other Part recommendations check out my new site with the following link

www.trials-expert.co.uk