Has Anybody Bought A Bike From Ecrater.co.uk Before?

Doddsy2801

Appreciate you taking the time to respond to this forum

Ive read all the links and am pretty happy with whats there, my concern, which is shared by a few, is that there are many horror stories out there about people being scammed buying through sites just like yours.

Dont get me wrong there are positives as well, but the negatives do seem to outweigh the positives.

Im not pointing the finger at your site, but all the security and buyer protection in the world still wont prevent scams happening.

One of the buyers i had considerd buying from seems very genuine, ive had positive and timely response from the buyer in relation to questions ive emailed. Cant ask much more really, but, theres still the niggling worry that in the back of my mind im going to get scammed, and if ive learnt anything in life, especially in my former job, its trust your gut instinct.

Echo had a statement issued on a certain site warning against buying echo products from china via your site and other similar sites.

Edited by Doddsy2801

to be fair ive bought from sellers on ebay with their own site listed, but it didn't work and everything was fine. guess it depends on the size of the company, running costs are a bitch if i doesn't generate income. have you tried googleing the email you used to contact the seller? and a contact number would be pointless unless your fluent in chinese haha

as worst case senario paying full taxes, thats based on the included cost of a few other bits too ( bout 200 dollars ) vs a standard build from tarty without postage.

it depends on weather or not you pay for import, might not pay anything guess it depends on how the seller sends it, ie as a 'gift' wich makes it exempt from any charges i think.

maybe dave33 can shed some light on this while he has had experience........

To be honest Im not going to repeat myself all the time. I have told you lot it's safe, just use some comon sense when you order. I'm not going to tell you what to do only to be held responsible if it goes wrong.

Goggle is the answer to all ? Vat is the only thing you can be charged I think %20

But don't quote me on that

Grow some balls

^ Exactly, thats what we wanted, im hardly guna hold the bloke to ransom if sumit goes wrong, the decision is after all totally mine, but a bit more info then " its safe " would be helpful.....

google trawl produced limited help and that was the sole point in me starting this thread in the first place.

Hello,

Is the supplier you are looking at a Gold Supplier? While we’re unable to comment on specific suppliers listed on Alibaba.com, it may reassure you to know that all Gold Suppliers undergo basic authentication and verification checks.

These checks are conducted by an independent inspection service and let buyers know that the company in question holds a valid business license and have provided the government with basic registration information.

Once again, our Product Inspection Service is a key way of finding out if your supplier is selling legitimate goods. These services are helping UK importers ensure that the goods they’re sourcing meet the quality standards they expect prior to purchase. Find out more here:

http://inspection.alibaba.com/

May we also suggest that you look at this blog from The Wholesale Forums titled '14 ways to perform supplier due diligence like a pro'. http://www.dhlguide.co.uk/news/index.php/2012/06/07/14-ways-perform-supplier-due-diligence-pro/

We hope this is of use to you.

Kind regards and happy trading,

The UK Alibaba team

Hello,

Is the supplier you are looking at a Gold Supplier? While we’re unable to comment on specific suppliers listed on Alibaba.com, it may reassure you to know that all Gold Suppliers undergo basic authentication and verification checks.

These checks are conducted by an independent inspection service and let buyers know that the company in question holds a valid business license and have provided the government with basic registration information.

Once again, our Product Inspection Service is a key way of finding out if your supplier is selling legitimate goods. These services are helping UK importers ensure that the goods they’re sourcing meet the quality standards they expect prior to purchase. Find out more here:

http://inspection.alibaba.com/

May we also suggest that you look at this blog from The Wholesale Forums titled '14 ways to perform supplier due diligence like a pro'. http://www.dhlguide....-diligence-pro/

We hope this is of use to you.

Kind regards and happy trading,

The UK Alibaba team

By Gold buyer do you mean the little "gold medal" looking things on the individual sellers listings and sites?

If so then yes both the sellers that have been mentioned in this thread are "gold" members

• 8 months later...