Hub conversion

VAMPIRE V12

Long story short guys I got a new frame except it has horizontal drop outs I'm currently running a hop XC rear how with a QR so when I apply power it just slides in the drop outs, my question is this. If I purchased a hope pro 2 quick release to bolt conversion would it fit my hope XC hub? I really want to keep the hub but I can't run the frame with this set up had anyone else had problems like this if so could you shed some light? Cheers guys :)

the reason your hub is moving in the dropouts is your axle is standing proud of your frame, so the QR is clamping your hub as oppose to your frame..

are you using snail cams? if not get some or put some washers in there, if you are then the only other thing is to file a couple of mm either side of your axle...

EDIT: After reading Sams comment it makes more sense than what I said (I may have misunderstood a little)

If you're not using any tensioners then your wheel will move regardless of whats clamping your wheel...

Edited by Danny00135

When I put tugs on the hub they sit on the skewer instead so I cannot tighten them up because they have that much play in them if I put the tensioners actually on the hub axle then the only thing holding my wheel in there would be my skewer so when I do a drop it would snap the skewer, and I know there is not a conversion for the XC but I'm talking about getting a pro 2 conversion and seeing if that works. My hub is not standing proud of the frame and I cannot use snail cams because they sit on the hub axle and I would have the problem of the frame riding on the skewer instead of the axle again

When I put tugs on the hub they sit on the skewer instead so I cannot tighten them up because they have that much play in them if I put the tensioners actually on the hub axle then the only thing holding my wheel in there would be my skewer so when I do a drop it would snap the skewer, and I know there is not a conversion for the XC but I'm talking about getting a pro 2 conversion and seeing if that works. My hub is not standing proud of the frame and I cannot use snail cams because they sit on the hub axle and I would have the problem of the frame riding on the skewer instead of the axle again

Oh ok, what frame have you got? pro 2 can be a B***h to put the chain under tension, are there any integrated chain tensioners?

Just read tugs.. best bet with a pro 2 if theres no integrated tensioners (Y)

Edited by Danny00135

It's a revell 26" street frame, I done it with my zoot put a pro2 on and it was awesome. I work as a diesel fitter so I'm gonna measure the width of the drop outs and cut some small bits of steel and put them behind the axle tube forcing the wheel to stay were it is then I don't need to run tensioners either

As someone who owns both xc and pro2 hubs, the end caps (hope call them hub spacers on the parts list) are different so I doubt the pro2 caps would fit.

The disc side one looks similar, but the d/s one is completely different. As for the axle, the ID of the hub shell bearings is way smaller, and pro2 bearings won't fit because the OD is bigger than the XC hub shell by a long way.

Hope i've understood what you meant.

EDIT: your 3 penny washers idea seems solid, just make the outside edge about 3mm the just like a snail cam and i'd imagine that'd work.

Edited by CC12345678910

As someone who owns both xc and pro2 hubs, the end caps (hope call them hub spacers on the parts list) are different so I doubt the pro2 caps would fit.

The disc side one looks similar, but the d/s one is completely different. As for the axle, the ID of the hub shell bearings is way smaller, and pro2 bearings won't fit because the OD is bigger than the XC hub shell by a long way.

Hope i've understood what you meant.

EDIT: your 3 penny washers idea seems solid, just make the outside edge about 3mm the just like a snail cam and i'd imagine that'd work.

i+see+what+you+did+there+_20915d31547af4

Just thought I would report back guys my metal washer spacer idea is working perfectly yay! And I rang hope tech and they said that the pro conversion would not work so I'm glad I did the washer idea :)

Just thought I would report back guys my metal washer spacer idea is working perfectly yay! And I rang hope tech and they said that the pro conversion would not work so I'm glad I did the washer idea :)